Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So much talk has been made of the AIP issues and other mechanical gremlins that occur after the warranty period expires, that I thought I should bring this up.

I was looking at the VSA (Vehicle Service Agreement) info from Toyota's website and I saw that you can ALSO purchase a Platinum warranty on USED vehicles.

We all thought you could only get the Platinum warranty before 3yrs/36k miles, and that's true under the NEW vehicle contract.

Under the USED vehicle contract, as long as the vehicle has under 125000 miles and falls under the last 9 model-years, you can purchase a Platinum warranty, with coverage up to 5yrs/60000 miles from the date of the agreement.

I'm not sure of the cost (it may cost more than the standard "new car" platinum, I don't know... :confuseda:) but for those of you buying a used truck, this looks like a good option if you're worried about long term issues, like the AIP.

Here's the link: Toyota Financial Services

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I think this only applies if bought used from a Toyota dealer and purchased at the same time as the used car. For those buying used from a Toyota dealer it is an option.

"Eligibility
Consider this coverage if your vehicle is within current plus 9
model years old and has less than 125,000 total vehicle miles.
These plans are available through your Toyota dealer only at the
time of used vehicle purchase."

http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consumer/ShowBinary/BEA%20Repository/tfs/en_US/document/TFS_Platinum.pdf

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this only applies if bought used from a Toyota dealer and purchased at the same time as the used car. For those buying used from a Toyota dealer it is an option.

"Eligibility
Consider this coverage if your vehicle is within current plus 9
model years old and has less than 125,000 total vehicle miles.
These plans are available through your Toyota dealer only at the
time of used vehicle purchase."

http://www.toyotafinancial.com/cons...epository/tfs/en_US/document/TFS_Platinum.pdf
Good eye - That caveat wasn't on the other page I was looking at. Well, at least it's still an option for used trucks from the dealership.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hmm...wonder about lease trucks....like if you have a lease that u are over 36k on and have the purchase option at the end of the lease...does that make it a "used" truck sale at that time eligible?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts