Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 06 AC 2wd for about 3 months now, and its a great truck and all but seriously, the road noise and noise coming from hitting even the smallest pot hole has me wondering if i messed up and bought something thats going to get on my nerves?

At freeway speeds, there is constantly wind noises coming from the top of the door/cabin weather stripping, the doors jiggle, and when i'm just cruisin, and i hit a pot hole, there is a "blummmmpmp" noise that comes from the drivers side but I don't know what it is....

What to do? the weather stripping is pretty much brand new looking, and i tightened everything under the truck in case it was that.... what gives?

·
Registered
330 Posts
check your door hinges for looseness, you dont want too much play in them, on my 02, the access cab doors shimmy a bit when i hit bumps, the plastic inside makes noises..

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had some fit and finish issues with dash noise on mine. No issues like you are describing. Any crash history on it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It had a clean carfax, but one of the VIN numbers is different *the drivers side access (smaller) door*...everything looks clean, no spray over, no loose lines or anything. its a mystery.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Try checking the steering shaft boot for damage. It was the best piece of advice I've received on this forum so far...I had a similar issue whereby exhaust clicking noises and road noise was entering the cab. Once I had the steering shaft boot replaced under warranty, the cab was completely quiet again. I had forgotten how quiet it was when I originally bought it, until that time.

The downside was that the service guy had a hard time replacing it and caused my steering rack to leak internally to the dust boot; It wasn't picked up on until I went to another dealership to get an alignment. Luckily, I was 2 miles still under warranty, so the steering rack was replaced.

I remember seeing a post whereby someone replaced theirs out of warranty with an ATV boot clamped on in its place.

I enclosed a picture of the steering shaft boot, so you can take a look yourself from under your truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
One source for rattles is the Power Steering Pump reservoir. One of the nuts was missing on mine and everytime I hit a bump it would rattle like crazy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts