Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did my last LED MOD, as least I hope so:rolleyes:

The side panels where removed on the driver/passenger side where the seat belts are and the whole center storage box was removed to do this. It was wired to the same light under the steering wheel so it fades on/off just like the other lights

LED's are the same as the door handles from ozinum
12-volt ready waterproof superflux LEDs. They were placed in ozinum's 10mm LED screw on chrome holders LED Holders.

And now the photos:

LED with the screw on holder before they were installed

Taken during the day

And at night

·
Registered
375 Posts
damn those look sweet! very bright which is good though. haha
nice cleam mod. good work

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
ok im gonna have to LED my truck now...but im gonna find a way to put one under each rocker panel to light up the running board when the lights come on...i think i felt around and theres a rubber plug under there that might be a good location to put one....the wife hates stepping on the boards when they have mud on them so i can use this as a mod that helps her.....

·
Registered
167 Posts

The side panels where removed on the driver/passenger side where the seat belts are and the whole center storage box was removed to do this. It was wired to the same light under the steering wheel so it fades on/off just like the other lights

12-volt ready waterproof superflux LEDs. They were placed in ozinum's 10mm LED screw on chrome holders LED Holders.

And now the photos:

LED with the screw on holder before they were installed

Taken during the day

And at night
That looks pretty clean. Try losing a quarter in the dark now... :D Were the sid panels all friction tabs?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks pretty clean. Try losing a quarter in the dark now... :D Were the sid panels all friction tabs?
Yes they were, and one bolt for the seat belt.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
You're KILLIN ME....Im going to have to quit my job so I can have time to do all these mods...rep points sent

·
Registered
126 Posts
What did you tap into?

·
Registered
797 Posts
What did you tap into?

On a side note... What would be the limit this power source can give for the leds, before blowing a fuze?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
On a side note... What would be the limit this power source can give for the leds, before blowing a fuze?
well it takes a ton of LEDs to draw the same amps as a single incadescent bulb so id say a bunch...plus if u take out that bulb put an LED in there then u can put tons of them in there w/o worrying about it....im sure its on the same fuse as the rest of the interior lights and in his case since he is doing all LEDS then i dont think u are limited by number of LEDS before over doing the circuit....u could prboally light up the whole truck off that one wire...haha

·
Registered
818 Posts
Writeup? :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
A couple of questions for you dude...

1. Where exactly did you install those and how many did you use? Kind of hard to tell which panels they are in from your pics.
2. Where did you get your power source?
3. Where did you route the wire to your source?
4. Have you installed any additional in the front floorboards?
5. Are these waterproof and capable of being installed outside, such as someone mentioned to illuminate the step boards?

Awesome, awesome look! Thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're KILLIN ME....Im going to have to quit my job so I can have time to do all these mods...rep points sent
LOL, Thx! Thats what my weekend is for.

I dont know for sure, but I dont think it would be a problem for me cause all of the lights are LED for inside my truck besides the bottom door lights.

I guess I could, but didnt have my camera at the time so there wouldnt be any photos.

A couple of questions for you dude...

1. Where exactly did you install those and how many did you use? Kind of hard to tell which panels they are in from your pics.
2. Where did you get your power source?
3. Where did you route the wire to your source?
4. Have you installed any additional in the front floorboards?
5. Are these waterproof and capable of being installed outside, such as someone mentioned to illuminate the step boards?

Awesome, awesome look! Thanks!

Matt
1. 3 LED's went into the center storage box and one in each panel in the middle of the truck where the seat belts are.
2.The light under the steering wheel.
3.From the light under the steering wheel to the side panel to the panels under the door sills.
4.Yes, Installed 1foot long 12v prewired LED strip from oznium.com that has double sided sticky tape sticked to the bottom plastic panels for the feet. It is wired to the same source.
5.Yes they are per oznium.com

VooDoo.... Great job !!!! again... Is there a reason you picked the 10mm housing versus a smaller one?
I called oznium up and they said the 10mm one is the only led holder that works with the superflux led's.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dan!

You hooked man:D on LED stuff!

Looks nice! Good ideas and pics:tu:
Oh I was hooked a long time ago, lol.:D Just now got the guts to take my truck apart. thx!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
damn you.... my wife hates me already when it comes to the truck..... oh well......order in....
LOL. Sorry. Gotta do what you like for your truck though, then the wife:rolleyes:.

Awesome!!! I am doing something of the sorts but in blue!
That will look cool!:tu: post pics when done.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hrrm..

I'll call the red LEDs and justify it for.... ummmm... 'yote hunting.. yeah, thats the ticket!!

Nice work man!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts