Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have dealer/Port installed leather seats, are they the same seats as factory? Also, are they covers:td: or actually upolstered:tu: like factory?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I ordered my 05DC with port installed leather and was very pleased. They even change out the sections in the door to leather. My seats have the wrinkles just like the Limited's. The liquicell seats are the freaking bomb!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a Crewmax SR5 coming next month. I am having my dealer add the leather. He did this on my Sequoia and IMO it is a superior fit and finish to factory installed. This may be specific to the local contractor being very reputable and putting out high quality work. I believe you need to be able to trust your dealer on what how they suggest handling it. If I go to take delivery and it doesn't meet my quality expectations they will be redoing it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought my sr5 dc, without leather then I had the dearler install it at the place where they get it done at and it was around 1100$ , they did a perfect job... My dad owns a auto repair shop in League City and called the Place where the dealer sends their cars too, and he could of gotten it done for 800$.. but thats the dealer for you...live and learn.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
[QUOTEcalled the Place where the dealer sends their cars too, and he could of gotten it done for 800$.. but thats the dealer for you...live and learn.[/QUOTE]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
What would one expect, all businesses markup outside work, thats a given, just take vehicle to leather shop yourselves. One problem with an independant shop is warranty; the warranty is between you, your dealer, and the shop that did the work. You have no warranty with Toyota.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought my sr5 dc, without leather then I had the dearler install it at the place where they get it done at and it was around 1100$ , they did a perfect job... My dad owns a auto repair shop in League City and called the Place where the dealer sends their cars too, and he could of gotten it done for 800$.. but thats the dealer for you...live and learn.
So it sounds like the leather is upolstered to the seat and not just a leather seat cover. Right?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
For those of you who have dealer/Port installed leather seats, are they the same seats as factory? Also, are they covers:td: or actually upolstered:tu: like factory?
Port installed leather is exactly the same as the factory leather on limiteds. I have this on my 05 DC SR5, and I have seen it on some 07s at the dealership. Tuscaloosa, Toyota in AL has an 07 crewmax SR5 with port installed black leather. It looks badass!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Port installed leather is exactly the same as the factory leather on limiteds. I have this on my 05 DC SR5, and I have seen it on some 07s at the dealership. Tuscaloosa, Toyota in AL has an 07 crewmax SR5 with port installed black leather. It looks badass!
WHAT:confused: Black leather? Couldn't be the same as factory then because they do not make factory black leather, only grey, beige, redrock. RIGHT?
I have black on my H3 and it does look badass!

·
Registered
41 Posts
No its not a cover...Its the same gray leather that i have seen on the limited... Looks really really good imo..I definatley recommend it if your wanting leather ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2007 SR5 with Red Rocks heated leather seats. I think they were done at the port. The heater switches are on the sides of the seats, not the dash. Whatever the case they look great. I have not seen another combo like this. The balance of the interior is all black, even the lower glove box, arm rests, and carpet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im not sure if you can i live in houston where it gets below 40 about 5 times a year....lol...But im sure if you ask them they could do it, probably with no problem...

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
WHAT:confused: Black leather? Couldn't be the same as factory then because they do not make factory black leather, only grey, beige, redrock. RIGHT?
I have black on my H3 and it does look badass!
It's the same, I've seen it with my own eyes. Just not offered on limiteds. Go to toyota.com, build a tundra, select SR5 and leather, view inventory. When you click on one listed w/ black interior, the window sticker will show leather seats installed.

At first I thought it might be grey, but I saw black leather with my own eyes on Saturday.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My SR5 has the Liquicell leather upgrade just like all leather upgrades in the GST region. IMO the GST port leather upgrade is better than the factory leather seats because it feels softer and has better cushioning. Just my thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts