Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put some more used tires on. I guess I got a tire fetish and keep buying and selling although I only have $50 into wheels and tires so far for my truck. Once I figure out what ones I like for sure I'll get a new set. Also I have always contributed my shimmy to my cheap ebay spacers but after getting my tires mounted and getting them balenced the shimmy was gone. :)

Anyway 285 75 16 Wild Country TXR tires...Also took the 1" shackle out of the back to level it out.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Really clean truck I like it alot, although I myself would ditch the Carr side step (Cant tell for sure but I think that is the mfg for those steps). What did you use to smoke your tails, VHT Nite Shades? Been thinking of doing mine for sometime now :cool:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I think the tails may have been browned a bit by a wiring harness fire from that white Ford RCLB. It always parks waayyy too close to the Tundra. :devil:

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Looking good. I presume with the 3" lift, you have no rubbing at full turn
with the 285's?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No rubbing at all except in reverse about half turn. rubs on the back of the wheel well.(thats with mudflaps off) I just put the mudflaps back on and it rubs decently at half turn in the same place. The flap just makes it stick out that much more. Gonna do some trimming on the mudflap because id like to leave them on for a little protection.

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Man if I was closer and had the cash I'd defiantely be bringing my truck to you for a badass paintjob and work done... Your truck makes me jealous everytime I see it

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sooo, since these tires were decently worn I decided to bite the bullet and get brand spankin new tires. Been a long time since I've done that but just before winter I think it'll be worth it. I had them save the best one to throw on the spare so I can have matching size spare. :)

Anyway went with the goodyear wrangler duratrac. 285 75 16. When I left I think they had about 60psi in em which made them extremely solid and rough. I have since dropped down to 45psi which is a much nicer ride. Have to see how they wear at that though. I have a few friends and family members running this tire and love it so hopefully I feel the same, cant wait for the snow now.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Meaty! :devil: Looking good Erki! :tu::tu:

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Those do look rough, I like them and was considering a last year. I lucked out on the tires I got though so I won't need new ones for a while. Your truck is looking good as always.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes. A bit more tread going to require just a touch more trimming. nothing major. bashing in the pinch weld in the back/bottom of the front wheel wells made the biggest difference where rubbing is concerned. Now its just a touch more on the black plastic behind the bumper and I'm set. But really I love the look of them and they aren't noisy on pavement at all.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im not sure, my brother in law said he had 30k km on his and they arent quite down to half yet. They are a bit softer tire so not as long as some. The guy at fountain tire was trying to sell me on the silent armor tires which have a 80k km guarantee. They would be a good tire too I just liked the look of the duratrac better. :)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts