Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 FlatWedge™ slot-ported enclosure with one 8" W3v3 subwoofer at Crutchfield Signature

The JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 is a shallow mount 8" subwoofer in a JL Audio designed ported box that is only 5 1/8 inches deep without the speaker cover. With the cover it is 6 1/2 inches deep, but can still fit under the rear seat, towards the front of the seat.

I just installed mine today with a 210 watt amp and it sounds pretty good. Its not going to rattle windows, but with some hip hop it created enough bass to vibrate my rear view mirror.

The box is small enough to go under the seat and not leave room for other things to go there. Its light enough that you could take it out of the truck if you anticipate needing the extra storage space too.

Just wanted to share another option with you guys. I'll take pictures later on for you guys, I want to put the seat back in so I can show how much space there is.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice setup! I'm using 8's for my install as well. Where do you have your amp mounted? Thats what I seem to be having trouble figuring out right now.

-Wes

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the amp under the passenger seat. There is a cutout in the carpet already for the wires to the seat, so I ran all my wires through there and into the amp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 FlatWedge™ slot-ported enclosure with one 8" W3v3 subwoofer at Crutchfield Signature

The JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 is a shallow mount 8" subwoofer in a JL Audio designed ported box that is only 5 1/8 inches deep without the speaker cover. With the cover it is 6 1/2 inches deep, but can still fit under the rear seat, towards the front of the seat.

I just installed mine today with a 210 watt amp and it sounds pretty good. Its not going to rattle windows, but with some hip hop it created enough bass to vibrate my rear view mirror.

The box is small enough to go under the seat and not leave room for other things to go there. Its light enough that you could take it out of the truck if you anticipate needing the extra storage space too.

Just wanted to share another option with you guys. I'll take pictures later on for you guys, I want to put the seat back in so I can show how much space there is.
Lets see some pictures mang

1 - 5 of 5 Posts