Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was reading this thread again and came up with this ideal.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/198098-hidden-antenna-modd/

You guys know the Sequoia right front fender is the same as the Tundra's but without a antenna hole.

So you can buy a Sequoia front fender new for less than $300. or try a salvage yard for a better price.
Now a trip to the paintshop and your antenna hole free.

What you guys think about this?

This would look a lot better. IMO

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm thinking:

$300 for fender
$100-200 for paint
+ hassle of installing (taking my flares off too)

I think it'd be cheaper and much easier to do the mod and have a body shop fill/paint the hole and fender.

My 2 cents.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Who is going to pay hundreds of dollars to get rid of the antenna hole..... besides you and marky_mark???

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I didn't know the Sequoia fender was like that!!! huh

I like my mod better.... it cost less than a dollar... now I want to see this sequoia fender!!

and is it just me or does that fender have a flare mounted to it..

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ That one for sale at Sparks I just needed a photo. lol

Jamie @ trdsparks checked the fender for me and it's a direct fit for the tundra.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I would go for the fender if I found the front bumper too... I like the Sequoia's color matched bumper..

My mod still makes sense for the new fender on a Tundra, our antenna has to go somewhere....Where is the Sequoia's antenna?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you go to the Toyota site, all the Tundra's have the stupid antenna removed....:tu:

Why wouldn't they just make them all the same? one fender for them all!!! NO HOLE!!!!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would go for the fender if I found the front bumper too... I like the Sequoia's color matched bumper..

My mod still makes sense for the new fender on a Tundra, our antenna has to go somewhere....Where is the Sequoia's antenna?
I was thinking your mod with the new fender. lol

The Sequoia at Sparks has a NAVIGATION ANTENNA on the roof.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Yeah $700 and a paint job that may or may not match to loose the antenna hole, great idea.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did you come up with that amount of money?

About $275. for the fender and $200. for paint that's $475.

BTW if your painter is any good he can paint just the fender to match no blending needed.

·
Registered
797 Posts
That Sequoia fender seems to have a flare but I've only seen the regular fenders that look like the Tundra's... Anyways, seems like a $$$ lol I simply took off the antenna and I'm happy with that lol

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
and then the devalued truck cause a buyer or dealer offering trade in value for it aint gonna believe someone replaced an entire fender and repainted it just to get rid of a small antennae hole....gonna look like its wrecked and repaired regardless of how much u try to explain it....

·
Registered
797 Posts
and then the devalued truck cause a buyer or dealer offering trade in value for it aint gonna believe someone replaced an entire fender and repainted it just to get rid of a small antennae hole....gonna look like its wrecked and repaired regardless of how much u try to explain it....

I think the fenders have a VIN#, so if that wouldnt match up and....again
what barney said sounds reasonable

·
Registered
206 Posts
Who is going to pay hundreds of dollars to get rid of the antenna hole..... besides you and marky_mark???
marky_mark has sponsors, might be only TRD-X ;)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would keep the fender that came on my tundra to replace it if I ever sell my truck.

Barney_Fife I've had 3 X-Runners from 2006 till now and this is my first 2007 + Tundra and to tell you the truth I love this truck and have no plans to sell it anytime soon even with the gas mileage and what I call small problems.;)

I purchased the supra in 1993 and still own her so you see my point I have long term love affairs with my rides and the ones I buy that for some reason I don't like they are gone in less than 6 months.

As always I do like you post!:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts