Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my wheels rotated and things were fine until I was getting off the interstate and braked slightly and the anti skid alarm went off , the skid blinker came on and the anti lock braking kicked in. The road was dry and I was only doing about 45. Has happened about four times since and is in right turn under braking... I was wondering what triggers the anti skid ( I forget the three letter code) to kick in and wqs wondering if rotating the tires could screw up the sensor ?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
rotating shouldnt do it...usually its oversized tires....weird...

·
Premium Member
5,456 Posts
Rotating the tires would not do that, but it is certainly possible that a sensor or cable got damaged in the process. It shouldn't happen, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
As others have said this should nto occur after a tire rotation. I would sugest that you check the tire pressure in all 4 wheels see if they are correct. The way it operates is based on vehical tilt and lean and if it sense any of the wheels loosing traction. Sounds like maybe your hitting them turns pretty hard then braking hard the truck thinks things are out of whack and tries to activate the ABS and anti-skid protection systems to try and get the truck back to level.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Do you have factory wheels or aftermarket?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have regular wheels , I did move up to "E" rated radials and run about 50 #s. Not hitting the turn hard at all...;seems to only happen on right turns.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
As said before, I'd check the wheel speed sensor wiring on the front wheels. It's likely one of the wires to a front sensor got nicked from the tire rotation and when turning the wheel just right breaks/shorts the circuit to the sensor causing the ECM to think the wheel's locking up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts