Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a three inch lift and 35 inch tires. All went well with no indications of rubbing after some slight trimming of the skid plate.

The question is, now I have noticed the anti slip feature appears to be oscilating on and off during right turns in excess of 30 MPH. More specifically, there is an entrance ramp to the freeway near my work and most of the times that i make that turn, I am seeing this. Additionally, I am getting the warning light and the audible alarm. I am also hearing metal to metal contact coming from the front left wheel. The anti slip feature is turned off so something appears to be triggering it.

I mentioned this issue to Toyota Service and they are telling me that nothing is showing up in the computer history.

Personally I do not think the lift is related to the issue. It was professionally installed at a local shop.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I recently installed a three inch lift and 35 inch tires. All went well with no indications of rubbing after some slight trimming of the skid plate.

The question is, now I have noticed the anti slip feature appears to be oscilating on and off during right turns in excess of 30 MPH. More specifically, there is an entrance ramp to the freeway near my work and most of the times that i make that turn, I am seeing this. Additionally, I am getting the warning light and the audible alarm. I am also hearing metal to metal contact coming from the front left wheel. The anti slip feature is turned off so something appears to be triggering it.
Unfortunately, vehicle manufacturers have determined that we should not be running larger tires, so they have designed the newer vehicles to make it very uncomfortable/difficult to install large tires. It's irritating, but that's teh bottom line. Turning off the anti-slip doesn't really turn it off. It just makes it slightly less sensitive. The "metal on metal" sound you hear is brake activation.

It took weeks to figure out how to deprogram this handy safety feature on our 2010 Rubicon, but it was possible. Of course, now we have the idiot lights warning us that the anti-slip feature is not functioning properly, and a warning beep goes off fifteen or twenty times per day.

I don't know how to fix this on a Tundra, or even if it's possible. I found your post because we're thinking of down-sizing to a Tundra again, and I wanted to see if this was an issue on the new trucks... Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts