Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing it's the recent 1st quarter sales report showing Toyota on top but just this morning my wife and I are sitting behind some guy in an old Chevy pickup with a decal on his window of a guy pissing on a the word Toyota. Next thing we know he turns around, looks at my wife, who is driving, and gives her a scowling look and a thumbs down.:td:

She passes him on the left and gives him the index finger #1 with a smile:tu: :) , much to my disapproval as anyone crazy enough to affix an anti-brand decal and make visual contact with Toyota owners on the HWY showing disapproval is also crazy enough, IMO, to commit other, possibly dangerous, acts of stupidity.

This moron also had a flag on his truck that looked like something he stole from a library. We see plenty of these bone-brains on the HWYs here in CO driving around looking like the US Cavalry. I think it's just a matter of time before someone gets killed, stabbed in the eye, buy a dislodged flag at high speed.

Be careful out there, lots of anger on the streets...

·
TS
579 Posts
I think that this type of genius has a hard time grasping the fact that just because the brand name toyota is a japanese company, we are not throwing our money to another country. It is made with their specs. and qualty control measures which means a superior product.

By buying the Tundra, we are supporting our local dealership, our local government, our federal government, and many many factory and office workers in a TX based plant. We are keeping as much, if not more, money in our home country by buying this truck over the "American" competition.

Chevy was once an American made truck- it is no longer. They too import many electrical parts and assemble in Mexico because they do not want to pay the price of higher American taxes or American factory workers. Oh well.. just a rant.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Chevy was once an American made truck- it is no longer. They too import many electrical parts and assemble in Mexico because they do not want to pay the price of higher American taxes or American factory workers. Oh well.. just a rant.
But a valid point. It goes beyond many electrical parts. Almost all the interior items (all big 3), including seatbelts, seats, cruise control and ECU's, body panels and even many major sub-assemblies. That fellow should be flying the Mexican flag instead.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The American economy is going global more, and more ,and not just us its every country. Its got some good points and bad ones as well, one good point is it helps to keep" some" prices down. Bad point we are losing american jobs everyday more and more are going overseas. Why because of less Government regulations no FICA etc. etc,. The average American doesnt care and is ignorant of the facts. Thats why you have some yahoo in a Chevy pickup made in Mexico giving you the finger for driving a Japanese vehicle go figure.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My Texas flag on the back says it all..."shake off the haters":p

·
Registered
699 Posts
I think we just have to stick to ourselves and be quiet, let them kill off each other. we know who has a by far superior product, and we'll see in ten too twenty years whos truck is still going strong and whos is in the bone yard.:D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just my opinion, but ANYONE who has one of those Calvin 'pee on...' decals on their truck is a *******. That's all that guy was, and there is no law against ignorance. Let him dwell in it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I see those types of stickers on trucks every day. I've never seen a piss on Toyota one though, it's always about a Chevy, Dodge, Ford or GMC. Now that Toyota has a true full sized truck running around I'm sure I'll see those too. I've seen some guys that have two on their trucks. Even seen a sticker peeing on a Ford stuck on a Ford. I think it is simply brand loyalty or what ever you want to call it. I don't think it is anti-Toyota sentiment.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I see those types of stickers on trucks every day. I've never seen a piss on Toyota one though, it's always about a Chevy, Dodge, Ford or GMC. Now that Toyota has a true full sized truck running around I'm sure I'll see those too. I've seen some guys that have two on their trucks. Even seen a sticker peeing on a Ford stuck on a Ford. I think it is simply brand loyalty or what ever you want to call it. I don't think it is anti-Toyota sentiment.
I think this guy was simply anti Toyota, we were in our FJ Cruiser at the time, I doubt he even knows Toyota makes a full size pickup as in head under a rock syndrome...

·
Registered
215 Posts
i want a sticker made ...

my truck is 75% made in USA how American made is your "Domestic" truck ?
Can anyone detail the facts of where the major elements on the Tundra, Chevy, Ford are made?

e.g. 07 Tundra was designed in California, built(assembled) in Louisiana? and Texas soon. Are the engines and transmissions build at these plants too? What is imported and from where?

And what about Ford and Chevy, where is their stuff manufactured?

Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Can anyone detail the facts of where the major elements on the Tundra, Chevy, Ford are made?

e.g. 07 Tundra was designed in California, built(assembled) in Louisiana? and Texas soon. Are the engines and transmissions build at these plants too? What is imported and from where?

And what about Ford and Chevy, where is their stuff manufactured?

Any insight would be appreciated.
It generally lists the source countries of parts on the window sticker of a new car or truck...

·
Banned
7 Posts
I'm one of those Piss on Toyota guys. Never once in my life have I liked Jap cars and trucks. American trucks is where its at, my preference is with Ford trucks, best trucks on the road that can easily pull these jap things around with ease.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm one of those Piss on Toyota guys. Never once in my life have I liked Jap cars and trucks. American trucks is where its at, my preference is with Ford trucks, best trucks on the road that can easily pull these jap things around with ease.
Troll

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you think those types with the Calvin decal are or could be aggressive I wouldn't want my wife flipping one of them off. He may just go off on you. Best to let people like that drive away. Not worth your time. If you think those types are bad about Toyotas you should drive a Vette. My wife owns the Vette. I drive it on the weekends and I take it over to fuel it up for her. The only people that have ever got crazy with me were middle age men in big domestic trucks. Every one of them has had a tshirt on and a big belly. I guess they are mad at the world for having to go home to a trailer and an ugly woman. Just my guess. Heck, I would be mad at the world too if I was like them. There are a lot of people out there with low IQ's. Toyota is also a publicly traded company and the profits don't all go to Japan. The people that own Toyota stock make a profit. Lots of Americans own Toyota stock.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts