Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the RCD 6 inch kit installed on my 04 DCAB, but want more lift. I don't want to install a body lift because I've got a Defiant light bar that mounts up to the frame, plus I just don't want a body lift. Has anyone heard of installing an additional spacer up front in addition to the RCD to get an inch or so more? I figured an AAL in the rear would give me an additional 1.5 inch. Just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions as to how to get more lift. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I've got the 4.5" TC lift with a 1" Revtek spacer. I don't think I would've done it, but it was on the truck when I bought it. I haven't noticed any negative effects. There's at least one other member on here with a very similar setup.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ya man i got a one inch spacer on mine, you could get a bigger coilover add another inch it ride nice that way instead of the spacer. but the spacer only cost me 40 bucks. my ball joints are at a severe angle tho

·
Registered
366 Posts
i have the 5" tc and putting idv coilover on in about 2 weeks with a AAl in the back n shackles. my buddy stacked a 2.5" spacer on top of his 5" tc with no problems at all wheels all the time and tows a boat fine. ride quality will def suffer

·
Registered
100 Posts
My buddy preston has 2 spacers on his tacoma, a 2.5 and a 2 and i want to know if you could do that with a tundra because correct me if im wrong that there suspnesion setups are pretty similar

·
Registered
128 Posts
spacer on spacer hahaha i'd say thats a bad idea unless you did a coil spacer then a spacer about your strut

·
Registered
53 Posts
My buddy preston has 2 spacers on his tacoma, a 2.5 and a 2 and i want to know if you could do that with a tundra because correct me if im wrong that there suspnesion setups are pretty similar
Its just not a safe thing to do. Like stacking a 2" body lift on a 2" body lift

·
Registered
366 Posts
Its just not a safe thing to do. Like stacking a 2" body lift on a 2" body lift
its a huge difference just sayin... i wouldnt do it personally but its a hell of a lot safer than stacking body lifts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have got the spacer that goes on top, so what and where would i have to go to find the spacer that fits inside

·
Registered
128 Posts
daystar makes a spacer that goes above your coil check out their website

1 - 13 of 13 Posts