Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a 2k limited 2wd tundara for the past 20 years and now I have a 2020 limited 2wd crewmax (11k miles) with the non-TRD factory suspension. I see a lot of tundras with rear sway bar kits but most of them are 4wd. The reason I'm inquiring, I'd like to stiffen the ride a little because I installed the ajustable height (Grey) Bilteins (no rear sway bar) on the 2k tundra about 4 years ago to level it out and I love the ride.

I'm gonna log some miles on the 2020 before swapping out the shocks, but I'd like to know if adding a rear sway bar kit will help reduce the body roll when corning,

thanks
jcs

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response H20_Man. BTW, my limited 2wd crewmax came with the black standard shocks and the truck just don't give me the turning/handling response I would expect from a basically new truck and I'm hoping adding a rear TRD sway bar will help.

Down the road, I will replace all the shocks with Bilsteins (possibly 5100's) and install a front TRD sway bar kit, because that appears what 2nd gen Tundra owners are doing.

thanks again
jcs

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Tundra it will be installed on is my 2020 Crewmax and my wife said the anti-sway bar kit arrived today. I will install it this weekend and hopefully I will have positive results.

On another note, I'm detailing the 2k limited this upcoming labor day weekend and putting it up for sale. Hard to let it go because it's been a fautless dependable truck for the past 20 years.

thanks
jcs

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The Tundra it will be installed on is my 2020 Crewmax and my wife said the anti-sway bar kit arrived today. I will install it this weekend and hopefully I will have positive results.

On another note, I'm detailing the 2k limited this upcoming labor day weekend and putting it up for sale. Hard to let it go because it's been a fautless dependable truck for the past 20 years.

thanks
jcs
Post up picks so we can help sell it for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed the TRD rear sway bar on my 2012 Tundra. It made a huge difference. Took out most body lean and seemingly stiffened up the chassis by a large amount. I bought my 2012 Tundra in 2015, after having a 2001 Tundra for 10 years. Driving the 2012 at first seemed like it was a big, oversized, floaty boat. Once I put on the sway bar, it drove like the truck I expected it to be. Only upgrade I've made to the mechanical parts of the truck, and it's been a terrific addition to a great truck. Highly recommended upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts