Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friends are always looking for new people to wheel with or new trails that people know about!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ever make it down to Hollister? I go every few months. I just take my Tundra but I'm going to be buying an XJ in a few months to wheel. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
There's quite a few NorCal wheelers on this board. I try and make it out when I can. However, I usually go to the annual Barny Riley trail every time.

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Here's one. Me! :D The last run I did was the Deer Valley trail this past October. Check out the sticky thread here for the NorCal 4x4 Excursions get-togethers.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I go to Hollister a lot. It is about an hr away from me and it is a good place to play around. Last time I went I got my a$$ kicked on the Jungle, 4 out of 4 bolts snapped on my relay rod (my first real trail break). My favorite trail is the Rubicon, but only go once maybe twice a year. I want to take a trip down to the hammers, but all my wheeling friends are scared of them. Being that I am the only one who flat tows I dont blame them, the hammers are pretty far from home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm glad plenty of you norcal people have places to wheel, but if anyone knows of trails in so cal, other than ocotillo wells i would be super greatful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm glad plenty of you norcal people have places to wheel, but if anyone knows of trails in so cal, other than ocotillo wells i would be super greatful.
Well, in so cal last month we had fun in the Red Rock Canyon State Park Area. Superbowl weekend we explored the Calico area. Next weekend we're driving and camping in Anza Borrego.

The last weekend of April we're going to drive most of the Mojave Road. Then we'll do it again the 2nd weekend of October.

Also take a look at Dirtopia.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hollister hills is literally in my back yard. i live at the bottom fremonts peak where the back half of the park is. hit me up next time oyu go. im out there just about every weekend.

these are the rigs i take out there:
this is a shot on the rubicon

and here is a pic going up tank trap

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
hollister hills is literally in my back yard. i live at the bottom fremonts peak where the back half of the park is. hit me up next time you go. im out there just about every weekend.
SHWEET rigs! As soon as I get my hydro assist steering and beefier tierod, I'll be taking my rig out to HH for testing or possibly Carnegie. Carnegie added some stuff at the bottom for the trucks. Supposedly a lot better than before. Plus it's only 45mins away compared to 1.5 hours away for HH.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SHWEET rigs! As soon as I get my hydro assist steering and beefier tierod, I'll be taking my rig out to HH for testing or possibly Carnegie. Carnegie added some stuff at the bottom for the trucks. Supposedly a lot better than before. Plus it's only 45mins away compared to 1.5 hours away for HH.
Carnegie suck's unless if you are on a dirt bike. Both times I have been I stayed in 2 wheel drive just to have some challenge.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Wizzle I think I've seen you around with that first rig. I'll def introduce myself if i see you there next time I go.

hell yeah man that would be cool to meet up. that first rig up there is my buddies. I was taking it through the rubicon in that picture which was taken last week. it use to be a bronco II. after a couple years of work and numerous designs it has turned into that beast. front dana 60, hydrolic steering. front airbag suspension, dual t-cases, locked front and rear, rear coiled/linked suspension, 302 5.0, and ssssoooooooooooooo much more. its getting a new cage around it i think either this weekend or next weekend though. its crazy how that truck just crawls through the rubicon like nothing. and the jeep is mine. pretty standerd jeep nothing too fancy. a few mods and 36" TSL's, but dont underestimate it though, that jeep has made it places that other trucks couldnt ever touch!

·
Registered
53 Posts

nice, just give me a hollar next time you go!

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Carnegie suck's unless if you are on a dirt bike. Both times I have been I stayed in 2 wheel drive just to have some challenge.
I haven't been to Carnegie for a couple years and I agree it sucked. But, what about their "new" obstacles?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't been to Carnegie for a couple years and I agree it sucked. But, what about their "new" obstacles?

I haven't been since their new obstacles.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We'll have to check it out when I get my hydro assist. If all else, we'll take the trip out to Hollister
Let me know when you are going. I love wheeling with other Toyota's and I am interested to see your hydro assist in action. I was thinking about doing it as well to my 40.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
For us Southers Big Bear and Calico are pretty fun. A few places down San Diego way as well. The HAmmers is close, but my rig will only fit up aftershock

Headed out to AZ next week for the AZ Rocks run, and have the 'con lined up in July

The Barney Riley trip is always fun especially when Herb is bustin out the waffles for breakfast!!!

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Let me know when you are going. I love wheeling with other Toyota's and I am interested to see your hydro assist in action. I was thinking about doing it as well to my 40.
I had hi-steer set-up but noticed, my ball joints failed pretty early. So, I opted for cross-over steerting where the tie rod is mounted on the stock steering arms (below the leafs). Seems to have better handling and I feel a lot less bump steer. Steering is tiny bit easier when not in motion. Now I just need to change my 1.25" DOM tierod to something beefier, 1.5" DOM.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
For us Southers Big Bear and Calico are pretty fun. A few places down San Diego way as well. The HAmmers is close, but my rig will only fit up aftershock

Headed out to AZ next week for the AZ Rocks run, and have the 'con lined up in July

The Barney Riley trip is always fun especially when Herb is bustin out the waffles for breakfast!!!
Joe and Jonathan are planning on doing the con in July. If I can get my POS Con ready, I'll be there. Otherwise, have an open seat?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts