Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Lethbridge, Alberta. I ordered my CrewMax last week and was told it would be here in June sometime. Is this a resonable wait time for Canadian customers? I have read other posts about CrewMax sitting on lots unsold in the US. Why can't dealers buy from other dealers? Could someone from Toyota please respond. Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mines due to arrive next week, on the 4th, give or take. There is at least 1 other maybe 2 on the shipment.

TRD Crewmax Silver Sky

The larger cities should be seeing them by now I would think? Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When did you order yours? There seems to be quite a few available sitting on lots in California. Can a dealership in Canada buy one from a dealership in the US and have it shipped here?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I doubt if a Canadian dealer can buy from a US dealer, different requirements for vehicle safety, DRL for sure, although I think DRL is an option on the US Models.

I ordered mine about a month ago, got lucky with my timing, talked to him on a Monday and he had 2 or 3 units being built that Wednesday, so I think he changed his build spec to meet my requirements.

There's lots of talk on this site about slow sales, but these guys have 2 Reg Cab LB on the lot right now and that's it, the rest have sold, mostly double cabs, and they tell me that they have quite a few coming in that are pre-sold.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I live in Lethbridge, Alberta. I ordered my CrewMax last week and was told it would be here in June sometime. Is this a resonable wait time for Canadian customers? I have read other posts about CrewMax sitting on lots unsold in the US. Why can't dealers buy from other dealers? Could someone from Toyota please respond. Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.
I saw one at a dealership in Kitchener Ontario on wednesday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just orderd a Crewmax 5.7L 4X4 SR5 with Offroad Pkg yesterday.Each of the major Toyota dealers in Ontario has at least one unit.The customer orders are starting to land next week.

I drove the truck twice for a total of about an hour. Aside from the problem with seats not adjusting enough to accomodate my 6foot 7inch body, I enjoyed the ride and handling. Turns on a dime.transmission is always hunting for the right gear ( curse of the six speed), but sport mode fixes that "in town". I did a 3 point turned on a gravel road with no shoulders...I could never do that with my GMC Sierra Z71's.:)

Is the Max not selling well in America?For the non contractor customer, the Max version offers great towing and occupant comfort...as soon as they do a campaign to fix the power driver seats. They need to go back 2 inches and down 2 inches for better driver comfort...I heard the same complaints from guys 6 foot nothing to my size at every dealership i went to.We are all staring through the top 20% of the windsheild...does Toyota figure its former Corolla drivers that are buying these things???

Toyota has to start to understand that there is no point having 5 acres of space back there for my 5 year old, when daddy dearest , making the lease payments, is scrunched up at the wheel with his head pushed into the moon roof opening.

I'll guarentee you one truth...doesnt matter how many people are sitting in a truck...there is ALWAYS a DRIVER...lets get some comfort for the PILOTs.:eek:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok, have not sat in a CM, only DC so far. Exactly what is the issue with the power seat, just that it won't go far enough back/down? If so that would suck, I like my legs near straight, arms just slightly bent and have a large torso......hopefully they will fix it before fall.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok, have not sat in a CM, only DC so far. Exactly what is the issue with the power seat, just that it won't go far enough back/down? If so that would suck, I like my legs near straight, arms just slightly bent and have a large torso......hopefully they will fix it before fall.
Well,dude,if you can manage to fit into 4runner...You will be more then OK in Tundra.Trust me.No news from my salesman :( I ordered my CM LTD about a month ago.They dont have a single one in Calgary yet.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I paid my deposit in DECEMBER!!! I am really choked!
I have been on the horn steady with my guy cause I know for a fact some CDN dealer are getting trucks next week.
Looks like mine will be here the week of the16th... :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
The seat range of adjustability is all wrong...even my dealer was amazed at how high it starts, and takes your head into the sunroof opening. The stops are wrong, and the double cab is identical...Toyota is going to hear about it from everyone over 6 feet...which is only 80% of their target market...no big deal eh?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well I'm only 5' 6" - FINALLY a truck for me - heh heh :tu:

My dealer told me my Crewmax would come in at the start of May. If I wanted a white one, it would be earlier as he had one coming in. Generally it takes 6 weeks from order placement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,Just got an email from one of my local dealers. He has a Crewmax on the lot, pre-sold though.I don't know if I am going to make it down there or not in time.He said the owner is picking it up on Wed. But there are here in Canada around me now so it seems....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Are they sold or available? What are the colors? What's the price of each? Thanks.
The silver limited is available. It's a b package. (no Nav or camera) Sticker price is 56866 OTD including freight, GST, etc.

Probably will be sold by Saturday. We cannot get enough of the crewmaxes. Most of our incoming ones are pre-sold.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are you with a dealership? Which one? When will you be getting more Crewmaxes in?

·
Registered
935 Posts
The silver limited is available. It's a b package. (no Nav or camera) Sticker price is 56866 OTD including freight, GST, etc.

Probably will be sold by Saturday. We cannot get enough of the crewmaxes. Most of our incoming ones are pre-sold.
TSK, building one of these online gives me a price of $53,470 - does this truck have anything else above B package?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just dropped my plates off at dealer today and tells me mine is still showing an arrival date of April 24th, 2007. Hoping to get it my May.:tu:

·
Registered
228 Posts
TSK, building one of these online gives me a price of $53,470 - does this truck have anything else above B package?
CHeck the box that says "include taxes, levies, fees, freight and delivery" and it will give you an out the door price.

edit: of course being in BC you'll get boned for another 8% PST.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts