Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2wd 07 Tundra and im looking to put some better tires/off road aftermarket parts. If you have one thats 2wd post a picture so I can get some Ideas. (Im not mud bogging just want something that looks like/can go some places off road) Im tired of getting stuck in the grass getting the boat out of my yard with the stock highway tires.

Thanks Robby

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have also had Toyo Open Countries and Bridgestone Dueller AT Revos on a previous truck. Between the two, ride quality seemed better on the Bridgestons but with either tire, conditions had to be REALLY REALLY bad, as in more than 5-6 inches of snow and steep hills, before I had to flip the 4wd switch. I got great mileage from the Bridgestons and they have a reputation for doing almost all things really well and still providing long life. And if you care about this sort of thing, the Bridgestones have a very sexy looking tread pattern too.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Mine is a 2007 2wd offroad Tundra haha.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
mine is a 2wd....toyo open country ATs that did outstanding in the 11 inches of snow, do well in mud...and its now lifted/levelled so it looks like it could go anywhere.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Here's mine. Perfect for Arizona.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
oh yeah and mine says "off road" on the side of the bed. :)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I have 2.5" of lift and some 305/65r18 BFG AT's which are about 34" tires.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What are you trying to achieve? Look or Performance?
Im thinking hes going more for looks and just enough traction to get the boat out i guess, leveling kits will make it look more "off road" and beefy tires will also add to the look and give you added traction your looking for.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I think those 305/65's are great especially since you can use the stock rims.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
The 2wd Tundra is no big offroad machine at all. I've taken it out a couple times in some light sand and light mud situations and it sucks. Reason being is that all the weight is above the front of the truck and the rear axle gets crap for traction. The KO's helped a little but it still doesn't get a lot of traction because the back is so light. Its good for light offroading and I have never gotten stuck in mine but I could see someone easily getting stuck in a 2wd Tundra. AT tires would def help pulling a boat or something like that but don't think it will transform into some offroad machine after the AT's...it won't.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
as long as your smart and don't get yourself into deep mud or sand you'll be find with a good set of AT's the key is to realize that with no 4wd and no rear locker you are very limited as far as what you can get into and out of.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
as long as your smart and don't get yourself into deep mud or sand you'll be find with a good set of AT's the key is to realize that with no 4wd and no rear locker you are very limited as far as what you can get into and out of.
Agreed. Definitely hafta be smart when going offroad in the 2wd. I've had several situations when the 5.7, heavy throttle and KO's saved my butt from getting stuck.:devil:

·
Registered
157 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts