Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a couple other Tundra owners on Fuelly, but wondering if there are some more. I tried some iPhone apps for tracking fuel mileage, but they didn't have any backup options so following a clean sweep of the phone all my data was lost. Turned to Fuelly for online fuel mileage tracking and haven't looked back. Works great.

Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG

My username is RONE if you want to add me.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
I use it. I will contact you using Fuelly. Somebody else from here freinded me today on there.

I have been tracking milage, for work and tax purposes since 1998 in a little steno book. I can show you every fill up in one of my work trucks and the starting ending milage for any of them since January 1998, including some of my maintenance. I thought fueely would save me some time, haven't seen that happen yet.

· NASH
3,626 Posts
I'm a member too. I still use the books in all of my vehicles.

I've found fuelly to be more inconvenient than its worth and only update it when I remember to bring my book into the house.

· Registered
1,669 Posts

I've found fuelly to be more inconvenient than its worth and only update it when I remember to bring my book into the house.
Yup im a member too, RadiantRedTRD....shocking user name right? HA!

· The M.F.I.C.
3,602 Posts
I just joined a couple weeks ago and have only had 2 fuel-ups to add.

Question for ya guys... Obviously neither of my fill-ups have been on a completely empty tank, so both have been checked as "partial fill-up." The site never asked for my tank-size when I entered in all my info; how is it properly calculating my mpg's if it doesn't have a baseline tank level to start from?

And my ID there is PoPo2239 as well...

· Registered
779 Posts
I am also a member, User name redf4rr. Popo I never check the partial button. It will figure your mileage on miles and gallons you put in. I think that button is for your knowledge.

· Premium Member
562 Posts

Question for ya guys... Obviously neither of my fill-ups have been on a completely empty tank, so both have been checked as "partial fill-up." The site never asked for my tank-size when I entered in all my info; how is it properly calculating my mpg's if it doesn't have a baseline tank level to start from?

Like they stated already, it goes off mieage and gallons you put in. That Partial-Fillup is for when you don't completely fill it up, like if you only put in $20

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use it. I will contact you using Fuelly. Somebody else from here freinded me today on there.

I have been tracking milage, for work and tax purposes since 1998 in a little steno book. I can show you every fill up in one of my work trucks and the starting ending milage for any of them since January 1998, including some of my maintenance. I thought fueely would save me some time, haven't seen that happen yet.
That's impressive record keeping!

Interesting. Do you use a smartphone? I keep fuelly's "add a fuel up" as a bookmark on my home screen so I just hit it and it takes me straight to the add fuel up page. Type in a few numbers, and good to go.

I think it's been answered pretty well, but the partial fuel up is for when you do not completely fill the tank. The way it normally works is figures the mileage driven since your last fuel-up based on the entered odometer readings, and then uses the gallons added at the current fill-up to calculate miles per gallon. Don't hit partial fill up unless you do not completely fill up your tank when you add gas.

· Premium Member
386 Posts
Only drawback to fuelly is that it does not chart out a larger time window and totals reset every calender year.

I actually record my fuel use twice. Once on my own spreadsheet and another of fuelly.

· Registered
155 Posts
Just joined 2day. Will it increase my MPG? :D

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Only drawback to fuelly is that it does not chart out a larger time window and totals reset every calender year.

I actually record my fuel use twice. Once on my own spreadsheet and another of fuelly.
That is a drawback to Fuelly. I might one day make my own spreadsheet like you have. Nice record keeping.
Just joined 2day. Will it increase my MPG? :D
It might, when you alter how you drive after seeing how bad your fuel mileage is! LOL

· Registered
779 Posts
My Fuelly has not reset! When does it do it?

· NASH
3,626 Posts
Here's for your single digit HI Island + lift mileage

:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.