Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any performance parts for the 4.7 cold air intake, exhaust, supercharger ext.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is there any performance parts for the 4.7 cold air intake, exhaust, supercharger ext.
See 1st generation Tundra post, as its basically the same motor as '05 and '06

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Google performance parts for Toyota Tundra and you can find groups of manufacturers, I like Truck Parts & Truck Accessories from Performance Products for Trucks & SUVs , they have a decent site/catalog Discount Car Parts - Import Auto Parts - Replacement Auto Parts - BMW Parts, Jaguar Parts, Toyota Parts, Nissan Parts, Honda Parts, Mercedes Parts, Porsche Parts, Saab Parts, Volvo Parts, VW Parts , Auto parts, Car parts, Brandsport.com , Toyota Racing Development , like mentioned befor you can find groups of hidden links by surfing TS web site DD, try also Auto Accessories, Car Covers, Tonneau Cover, Car Bra, Floor Mats, Seat Covers and Truck Accessories bunch of sites but ya gotta expect that aftermarket parts are slow to launch but they are doing a good so just be paitient!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
At time of purchase request the 5.7L motor and give the salesman $1260.

Seriously though, the 4.7L supercharger is almost impossible to get, I believe it was taken off the market becuase it did not pass emisions requirements. You can bet the usual aftermarket companies will have intakes, exhuast, and hopefully engine programing soon. Within a year you should see turbo/supercharger kits popping up. But if performance is your goal, do whatever it takes to get the 5.7, you will have a much better base to start from.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have the truck I could not afford the 5.7 and get the wife the her new Sienna mini van so I got the 4.7 All good the truck will tow any I need it to Just realy looking at the exhaust and intake If I want to realy hot rod anyting it going to be a bike

·
Registered
79 Posts
I already have the truck I could not afford the 5.7 and get the wife the her new Sienna mini van so I got the 4.7 All good the truck will tow any I need it to Just realy looking at the exhaust and intake If I want to realy hot rod anyting it going to be a bike
I hear ya, I went with the 4.7 cuz I got the wife an 07 Honda mini-van. Auto budget is already streched to the max! I have the TRD exhaust and it sounds great. I didn't compare it to a 4.7 without though so I don't know about any increase in performance. The sound turns heads though!

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
The Unichip made a big improvement in my 06 AC limited, it modifies the timing
without affecting the stock ECU. Unichip recomends a higher octant gas but I haven't changed from 87 oct., haven't noticed any ping or or problems with the engine. It is expensive but is the only chip made for the Tundra that dosen't modifiy the stock ECU.:tu:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Unichip made a big improvement in my 06 AC limited, it modifies the timing
without affecting the stock ECU. Unichip recomends a higher octant gas but I haven't changed from 87 oct., haven't noticed any ping or or problems with the engine. It is expensive but is the only chip made for the Tundra that dosen't modifiy the stock ECU.:tu:

How did it effect your gas mileage

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone find anything new :confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the 4.7 too... beware of using parts designed for the 06 tundra though... I have noticed that the airbox and some other parts are not the same as the 06 tundra. In fact, the airbox is the same as it is on the 5.7 liter. We may have to wait until specific 07 4.7 stuff comes out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts