Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in search of some rims with some backspacing as I'm having rubbing issue on the swaybar. I am currently running 35x12x8.5 on the stock Tundra rims. The tires rub on the swaybar during moderate to heavy turns.

I've looked for rims and they all are god awful to me. I don't want something flashy - don't need the battle axe/iron cross/fake bead lock look. Just want like the most standard non-chrome/non-black rim possible. Haven't had any luck- almost every rim I look at it looks like they should go on a lowered cadillac or something! :) What's the deal with the current trends in wheel styles!

Specs are saying anywhere from 4.9 to 5.5" backspacing depending on bolt pattern. Anyone know what the backspacing is on the stock Tundra 18" alloys? Thanks!
\

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The American Racing TACTIC is pretty much the closest that I've foudn to something I'd actually buy. I don't want chrome, but the rim is fairly simple compared to the other flashy ones.

The rim specs say that it is 18x8.5 with lug pattern of 5x150 and offset of 38mm. Is offset the same as backspacing? Shouldn't that be a negative number? I am looking to push my rim out further away from the vehicle to fix this rubbing issue I have on the swaybar.

Does anyone know what the backspacing is on the stock 2007 Tundra 18" alloys?

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you find something you like please post a link or a pic. I'd like to dress up my wheels too and would go with chrome or aluminum as long as it looked nice. Like you, I'm not a big fan of a lot of what's out there.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i'll sell you my stock steelies. They even have chrome covers and like new michelins - all this could be yours.....

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hello,

I am currently running 35x12x8.5 on the stock Tundra rims. The tires rub on the swaybar during moderate to heavy turns.

Specs are saying anywhere from 4.9 to 5.5" backspacing depending on bolt pattern. Anyone know what the backspacing is on the stock Tundra 18" alloys? Thanks!
\
What the hell is a 35x12x8.5? Im assuming you meant 35x12.50x18. Depending on bolt pattern?? Are you serious? Theres only one bolt pattern that fits the Tundra, 5x150. Not sure what backspacing has to do with bolt pattern. The specs on your stock wheels are 18x8 +60mm offset and a 6.8" backspace.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What the hell is a 35x12x8.5? Im assuming you meant 35x12.50x18. Depending on bolt pattern?? Are you serious? Theres only one bolt pattern that fits the Tundra, 5x150. Not sure what backspacing has to do with bolt pattern. The specs on your stock wheels are 18x8 +60mm offset and a 6.8" backspace.
Sorry, that's what I meant. 35x12.50x18

What I meant about the backspacing - was that the AR rims I was looking at all had different backspacing depending on the bolt pattern on the particular rim. I couldn't find the backspacing on the particular model that I wanted, that's why I posted the range.

Another question - if I need more room between the tire and the truck - am I looking more for negative offset than backspace? The gentleman that replied, in his avatar it looks like his tires are sticking out a few inches from the wheelwell - that's what I think I need.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry, that's what I meant. 35x12.50x18

What I meant about the backspacing - was that the AR rims I was looking at all had different backspacing depending on the bolt pattern on the particular rim. I couldn't find the backspacing on the particular model that I wanted, that's why I posted the range.

Another question - if I need more room between the tire and the truck - am I looking more for negative offset than backspace? The gentleman that replied, in his avatar it looks like his tires are sticking out a few inches from the wheelwell - that's what I think I need.
You're looking for positive offset.

Wheel Fitment Guide

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
What you want is a 9" wide wheel with a +30 to +35 offset. Increases your interior clearance as well as doesnt push it out too far. If you go out too far youll start to see rubbing issues.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
not a spacer fan by any means but popo on here got some hubcentric adapters to space his wheels out...that might be exactly what you need and you can keep whatever standard style rim you have now....

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts