Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curiouse if any excist I know some leak resistant and leak proof to them is not covering up the rear totaly where water can enter. was looking at the american usa covers those look tough and the Bak rollback. what does people think of those two for security and water intrusion?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Jock,

I like my Retrax cover. Pix in my gallery and PistolPete has some in his. You can also lock it in any partially opened position, in case you had a tall item that protruded . 99% water tight when fully closed. The key to water tight worthiness is the install.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I think your best bet for a water-tight cover would be a tonneau that COVERS the rails and tailgate. That means either Undercover or a fiberglass cover. However, we've sold LOTS of TruckCoversUSA and Retrax covers and no one has ever complained about leaking water.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont remember repping you, but it claims it did. oh well thx for the info. :tu:
Jock,

I like my Retrax cover. Pix in my gallery and PistolPete has some in his. You can also lock it in any partially opened position, in case you had a tall item that protruded . 99% water tight when fully closed. The key to water tight worthiness is the install.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the americanusa cover, but boy they charge a premium I tell ya :)
I think your best bet for a water-tight cover would be a tonneau that COVERS the rails and tailgate. That means either Undercover or a fiberglass cover. However, we've sold LOTS of TruckCoversUSA and Retrax covers and no one has ever complained about leaking water.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I really like the americanusa cover, but boy they charge a premium I tell ya :)
Yep, it's a very high priced product, but it's pretty good to. The only problem we've run into with a TCUSA is that a little plastic insert on one rail fell out on one customer's rail. Very minor problem, TCUSA sent a new insert at no charge.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I would recommend Pace Edwards Bedlocker, keeps out 99%. It only leaks where the tailgate and the truck meet. There is a gap from the factory, but you can buy a gasket kit to fix that. I will say having the electric roll up cover is nice, but expensive about $1800 now. I paid $1400 a year ago. Let me know if you want pics posted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dad had two ARE fiberglass covers on two different trucks and both of them were 100% water tight.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
No leaks on my Undercover. made it through the ice and snow this winter and through a couple carwashes still dry. Needs a tailgate seal for the dust but no water has seen the bed since it was installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts