Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, folks. I'm an owner of a new Tundra Crewmax. I picked it up the day after the recall. My old 2000 Tundra is about ready for retirement to the farm now that it has 324,479 miles on it with nary a repair (and one new clutch at about 250K m.). The new truck (5.7L) is easily five times the truck.

I have one question, 'cause I haven't heard of any problems relating to the recall with the new series ('07-'10) Tundra in particular. My question is this:

Has anyone heard of a Tundra being involved in an incident with unexpected acceleration?

Thanks.

Chris (Cortez1521)

·
Registered
848 Posts
yes it happened to me but thank God i avoided the accident my truck was 2 months old when it happened to me.. am i scared to drive it? no do i let anyone else drive it NO because who knows if it will do it again and if they will be ready to turn the car off or take it out of gear

now for the real question .. would i buy another tundra? yes .. and in fact i am getting ready to trade my tundra in for a 4x4 limited cmax in the next few weeks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Stripped, how about sharing more details of what exactly happened to you? Did your pedal get stuck or was it more the phantom electronic situation? How long did your experience last? Did you shift to N or turn off the key or ???

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I remember Stripped Honda's situation. It was awhile ago, before any of this media b.s.

There was also that moron that crashed his Tundra into the Toyota dealership after they refused to give him a refund for his truck lol. Said his accelerator pedal stuck.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks, DavidT.

That post is has a creepy, time-capsule feeling to it given the events since.

Stripped - have you had additional incidents since the two mentioned in that thread?

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
4day's ago a women in AL said her Tundra took of went through a bunch of tree's and landed in a dry creekbed. They showed pictures on the news. Truck was totaled but we herd no more than the 1 clip. She really did not seem to convinceing.

·
Registered
754 Posts
wow stripped thats crazy even before all the media hype....now im curious what did the dealership think? did they think you were lying?
yes it happened to me but thank God i avoided the accident my truck was 2 months old when it happened to me.. am i scared to drive it? no do i let anyone else drive it NO because who knows if it will do it again and if they will be ready to turn the car off or take it out of gear

now for the real question .. would i buy another tundra? yes .. and in fact i am getting ready to trade my tundra in for a 4x4 limited cmax in the next few weeks

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
With all due respect, that post just doesn't give us much to go by, especially the way it's worded and the fact it's a first post. Please understand I'm not calling him a liar - I'm extremely curious about the details of this and want to get to the bottom of this whole thing. He would be the first true confirmed case of this whole mess I've actually heard of.

Is his truck grey or silver? I'd actually like to talk with this person if you could PM me his email or phone.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
With all due respect, that post just doesn't give us much to go by, especially the way it's worded and the fact it's a first post. Please understand I'm not calling him a liar - I'm extremely curious about the details of this and want to get to the bottom of this whole thing. He would be the first true confirmed case of this whole mess I've actually heard of.

Is his truck grey or silver? I'd actually like to talk with this person if you could PM me his email or phone.
He's still trying to get to the bottom of it also. He's not getting a lot of positive "action" from Toyota. He has a grey/silver RC. I've known him for years, and I don't think he would make up a story like this. He really LOVES his truck. He still does,even after this. He just doesn't trust it. I noticed his truck was not in his driveway for a while, when I saw this post I knew why - it was in the body shop getting the front end fixed. I stopped by his house after he got the truck back and talked to him about it. Pretty scary stuff. I'm not at liberty to give out his email address or phone number. Just PM him. I will tell him to check his TS account.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
He's still trying to get to the bottom of it also. He's not getting a lot of positive "action" from Toyota. He has a grey/silver RC. I've known him for years, and I don't think he would make up a story like this. He really LOVES his truck. He still does,even after this. He just doesn't trust it. I noticed his truck was not in his driveway for a while, when I saw this post I knew why - it was in the body shop getting the front end fixed. I stopped by his house after he got the truck back and talked to him about it. Pretty scary stuff. I'm not at liberty to give out his email address or phone number. Just PM him. I will tell him to check his TS account.
I think he was on the news with his truck a while back when Toyota first talked about the pedal issue - I was pretty sure it was him when I remembered the color.

I'll PM him and give it a shot. If I weren't a little tight on funds right now, I'd actually fly out there and look for myself (have family out in CT ;) ).

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
I think he was on the news with his truck a while back when Toyota first talked about the pedal issue - I was pretty sure it was him when I remembered the color.

I'll PM him and give it a shot. If I weren't a little tight on funds right now, I'd actually fly out there and look for myself (have family out in CT ;) ).
Let me know if you plan on heading this way. Free room, board and food. We have a lot of parties up here on the mountain also :D :devil: .

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Turns out the driver of the "runaway" Prius was a gambler and deeply bankrupt:
Prius incident shines spotlight on driver, his finances - USATODAY.com
I thought this guys story smelled funny and now I know why. How in the world after 23 minutes you wouldn't try to put it in neutral is beyond me. "I thought that would flip it", I mean c'mon that's just ridiculous. Having said that this poor guys getting death threats and that is completely unacceptable. If he's lying then lets call him a liar and move on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts