Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several other threads about converting XM radios to Sirius by adding a couple of Sirius modules and removing the XM module. I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius, and I'd really like to work with my existing head unit, if possible. However, some say in the other threads that a 2010 radio is not convertable to Sirius. Can anyone confirm whether this is true? I have the non-nav, non-JBL radio with handsfree Bluetooth.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I use an aftermarket sirius receiver plugged into the AUX in (works perfect and has about 6DB gain over the radio). I too have a lifetime subscript, and its already changed a few vehicles. Remember, the lifetime is tied to the receiver dongle and you can only change it one time.

~JH

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I use an aftermarket sirius receiver plugged into the AUX in (works perfect and has about 6DB gain over the radio). I too have a lifetime subscript, and its already changed a few vehicles. Remember, the lifetime is tied to the receiver dongle and you can only change it one time.

~JH
well the aux input doesnt have anywhere near the sound quality as a proper head unit controlled module. i have one i got on here and it plugs right in and i have all the head unit controls etc...just get the module off ebay or somplace and its a plug and play all hidden nothing tacky and plugged into aux input. but, ^^^^^^^^^^ does bring up a good point about the lifetime subcription and if its only changeable once you might want to explore what options you can move from car to car in that case.

didnt xm and sirius all become one company or something? i havent kept up with it, but both of our cars are sirius. the boat is XM but i havent used it in two years...haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I signed up in 2006, I had the right to change three times for $75 per change. This would be the first change. I know that the modules worked in earlier radios, but I have read that they may not work on 2010 models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
would really appreciate clarification. from what I've read & was told from TSS radio - not compatible w/ 2010. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I too would like to know if the 2010 xm ready unit is compatible with or convertible to Sirius. We did an direct connect install to the back of our head unit with our dock-able unit - the dock is hidden in the upper glove box so that we can take it with us into other vehicles or into the house or with the boom-box.

I really like the look of the new 2010 unit with the USB connection especially with the multi-line display but it's not worth giving up Sirius.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts