Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be able to see the "message" feature on the audio/navigation system while driving. It is programmed to stop posting a message (ie, usually listing the name of a song and artist when you listen to the radio) when you drive. I find this really annoying as sometimes the passengers want to look at the song, I want to glance down, etc. I understand it is for safety, but it is just as safe as looking at the map on the navigation system while driving. Anyone know if it is possible to override this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't think this is a safety issue, the default is just to switch back to map view. I am able to set the function on my NAV screen to continuously display the audio text (name of song and artist) by pressing Audio/Text/Text/Text (2 or 3 times depending on the current setting).

This will prevent it from changing back to the map view. Let me know if that works for you. Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the screen actually says that the message cannot be displayed because it is a safety concern to display while operating the vehicle. It only displays the message while stopped or in park. We must have a different nav. system b/c my vehicle does not have the "text" button that you mention.

I think you are referring to the feature that switches back and forth between navigation and the audio system. I have already programmed it so that it does not automatically switch back to the navigation while on audio. It is the message screen that I am referring to that states it will not post a message (ie, the song title) while driving due to safety. Seems silly to me considering the navigation system is displayed while driving.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's too bad, I don't see a safety concern being able to read a song title. The text button is on the touch screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts