Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not everybodys cup of tea,but Im interested in seeing an 06 body Tundra on 26s.I have the overall diameter of the factory 20 inch wheels/tires at 30.5 and the Kumo 26 inch tires overall diameter at 33.2.Any help would be appreciated.I know i will need to do the breaks and increase the HP.Thats not a problem,it will be done right.Also Im not a chrome,bling freak.This will be about being as subtle as one can be with 26s if its possible.All white 06,debadged on SILVER with polished lip 26s,mayby the 1.5/3 drop kit if possible.:ts:

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
With an overall diameter of 33.2 I believe you would need to put a 3 inch lift in the front. I am pretty sure you will not be able to drop it UNLESS you do plenty of trimming and cutting in the fender wells.

I put the 3 inch daystar spacer lift on a double cab and the tires we installed are 285-75-16 which are 32.8 and they rubbed oh so slightly in reverse on the driver side mud flap. So with 33.2 you definatly would need a small lift.

With the 3 inch in the front the truck would sit level and I think it would look really good level with 26's.

Do it and post pics. I just saw a new tahoe on 26's and he had the front leveled as well.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
I'll probably get jumped for saying this, but I think it could look good.

Do it right, don't lift it, just trim and reseal the pinch weld and they will fit. If you trim properly, you'll be able to slam it and still turn lock to lock with 33s.

In order to trim you'd need a 110V welder or a buddy with one, be able to weld sheetmetal, and have about 20 hours of time and patience.

My main gallery has plenty of trim photos, I run 35s, not sure what the lift height is anymore since they fit just fine now :D.

-Sean

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I'll probably get jumped for saying this, but I think it could look good.

Do it right, don't lift it, just trim and reseal the pinch weld and they will fit. If you trim properly, you'll be able to slam it and still turn lock to lock with 33s.

In order to trim you'd need a 110V welder or a buddy with one, be able to weld sheetmetal, and have about 20 hours of time and patience.

My main gallery has plenty of trim photos, I run 35s, not sure what the lift height is anymore since they fit just fine now :D.

-Sean
I would think a full tub'ing of the front end would need to happen to Lower and still fit a 33 inch tire. I was assuming he would not want to cut that much of his new truck up but if he is willing it would look great. Plus wth it dropped and tucking a 26 inch rim he would not be able to turn because the tire would actually hit the fender. He would need bags to lift the front when turning around corners. BUT on the freeway he would be able to lay it out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody for the info.If I do go forward with it,I want to avoid any cutting if possible.26s would look sweet,but I want a daily driver as well and would run the factory 20s most of the time,and then slap the 26s on when I was going to a show or for promotions ( i have a wheel and tire business).This is the truck Im after.Havnt got it yet,just waiting for the right one (06 XSP white,super low miles) :tu:

Also added the wheels I am aiming at.Forgiato Otto,they only go to 24",so that might be where I end up.24" with a drop.The wheels are silver satin finish with polished lips.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts