Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
436 Posts
I have a set of the Falken Ziex S/TZ-01 's, Though I haven't put them on the truck. They look much better than the 04's, Fit better. but main reason I got them, Superior traction. I'll get them put on when weather warms up a little bit. The 01's are $133 tire at discount Tire.

· Banned
436 Posts
Put it this way, Those falkens are better than 90% of the tires out there, at half the price. They are far superior in traction, Temp: and Speed rating. The sidewalls also give you really good towing compatibility for the tire.

SO the ruling is: If you only go down a gravel road to a camp every-once in a while: You don't need some huge, Wolly All-Terrain tire. I'm surprised at the turn-out of people who like Cooper tires. General consensus as owning them, and knowing many people who have had them.. They SUCK. Driving On highway, Not hauling much. You have to go with the falken. Better traction, And little better MPG if you had say a 265-60

· Banned
436 Posts
would a 265-60 give me a better quarter mile time than a 275-65?? If so how much??

It would diffidently help with rotational speed, Acts is its a little shorter gear, Plus there much lighter than OEM's. As far as traction goes, It will help a good bit, but nothing like running some Mickeys.

· Banned
436 Posts
not so sure You'll have that much of a change in the virtual Ratio. Though the tire will be 3.5" shorter. as far as RPM, It shouldn't matter at all. You'll get through gears Minutely faster. I haven't noticed this Second gear bog either. May be because Of the extra hundred or so Ponies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.