Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· The M.F.I.C.
3,602 Posts
New tires are near the top of my "spending-money-for-the-truck" list for summer ..... and I've narrowed it down to the:
Falcon Ziex S/TZ:

and the Cooper Zeon LTZ:

The Falcons get great reviews over at TireRack.com .... and so do these Coopers, which surprisingly, get good "pavement-traction" reviews also --- and they look pretty aggressive for a tire that gets good dry-pavement reviews. I think the coopers cost about $50/more per tire.... so it comes down to what look you want. But, I think either one would be a good choice.

· The M.F.I.C.
3,602 Posts
Arent we comparing Apples to Oranges here? Street v OffRoad? I mean...sheesh!!
I thought so too, but the Coopers and Falcon's get comparable reviews, for both off-road AND street. My guess is that they're a street-tire with an off-road look.

· The M.F.I.C.
3,602 Posts
You get what you pay for.
Not sure what you're referring to... On Discount Tire's website, you can buy the Falcon's (275/55/20) for $138/ea .. or the Bridgestone Duelers for $176/ea --- that's about $170 after tax MORE for the Bridestones, which I think most people on TS will agree the stock Bridgestones that come on our trucks are garbage.

So, what do you mean "You get what you pay for" ??? When I read reviews on TireRack, most people complain about their Michelin stock tires, regardless of the vehicle --- yet, the Michelin's are generally the most expensive tire around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.