Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll start by saying, carpet inside of a truck is just dumb:mad: With cold, muddy, snowy, just straight up nasty weather, carpet just doesnt work. Especially when you get that person getting in your truck that just doesnt care and they hop on in with an inch of mud on the bottom of their shoes and completely ruining your carpets. So to the point, I read a lot of motor trend and saw the WeatherTech floormats that are advertised pretty much every issue. Anybody have these or heard anything about them? I saw them on a site online and they had almost 1100 reviews and i read about 20 of them and they said good stuff and they had 4.5 out of 5 stars so. Just wanted to see what my fellow tunny owners thought of em. Thanks guys:D

·
Registered
819 Posts
IF I did not have a spare set of a bit smaller Tacoma floormats covering my stock Tundra ones, I would probably have sprung for a set of those WeatherTech's by now.

The good thing about the floormats is they are backed with rubber so they just dry out and all that is stained is the carpet. In the spring I scrub them off, let dry and get on with things.

I've been in lots of cars with those floormats and the like and they do keep things nice and clean underneath and the water dries up. Easy to clean, just hose off if necessary or shake the sand out of them and reinstall.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Get the CatchAll carpeted floor, matts, the all rubber ones are no good IMHO. The crud and mud just sitts there.

I got a set of CatchAll's back in 1997, they are still good, the backing is rubber with carpeted front. it is washable and will not spill over.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Get the CatchAll carpeted floor, matts, the all rubber ones are no good IMHO. The crud and mud just sitts there.

I got a set of CatchAll's back in 1997, they are still good, the backing is rubber with carpeted front. it is washable and will not spill over.

X2. I love my Xtreme Catch Alls. They look awesome and cleanup is a breeze.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
husky liners rock! they catch it all and don't move while they're doing it. easiest floor mats to clean ever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
husky liners rock! they catch it all and don't move while they're doing it. easiest floor mats to clean ever.
yea my dad has the husky liners in his truck and loves them..saved him from plenty of drink spills :tu:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i have both types. the floor liner are a exact fit. those catch all, went directly in my wife's rav4. they fit better in her rav than a tundra. they are way to small. i called them & told them of such.
both are great. but it depends on what your looking for. also i bouhgt gray 1st than black. the gray deep channel 1's are in my wifes rav. the black floor liners are in my tundra. i love them.
best buy for sure. as well as there wind deflector's. but so many people don't know how to install the front door 1's.
it's easy, but people don't read directions.
gorilla
p.s.take my word for it, there is no comparison to husky VS weather tech.
it's like day & night. my friend bought them & through them out in 2 months.
wasted money in his eye's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the weathertech's in my 07 Tundra and I like them. They look better than the Husky's, but that's a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have had Weathertechs in my truck since i purchased it back in 01. Have had to replace the drivers side floor mat once due to my heel rubbing. Great product

·
Registered
222 Posts

I agree with this guy. I had the rubber ones in my Tacoma and now the carpeted ones in the Tundy-- carpet is definitely the way to go. I take them out every couple months, hose them down, let them dry out and back in the truck they go. FREAKING great!

These were prob the first "mod" I did to this truck and will absolutely not go a day without them on any future truck.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
I went with the Husky Liners as well. They are not as nice looking as some other mats but they work very well. They do catch stuff and stop the mud/dirt water from getting all over. You want them clean just pull them out, dump the stuff off them use a hose and a scrub brush.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
This is the carpeted Catch All. This stuff looks like factory carpet, but nothing really sticks to it. Just rinse off and go. Although carpet mats aren't for everyone, whoever said earlier that these are "too small" is just wrong.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
This is the carpeted Catch All. This stuff looks like factory carpet, but nothing really sticks to it. Just rinse off and go. Although carpet mats aren't for everyone, whoever said earlier that these are "too small" is just wrong.
Maybe the person ordered a set that was not made for the Tundra :noidea:

Those look nice! Had I seen those as an option at the time of my Husky purchase I might have gotten those. I live where we get the red clay dirt, it gets pretty bad at some construction sites. So the nasty muddy ground in dirt comes out easily?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I haven't gotten these extremely dirty, but anything I've gotten on them just rinses off. The manufacturer claims that pretty much nothing sticks. The carpet is some kind of a plastic fiber IIRC, but looks stunningly like high end OEM carpet. I was afraid they would look cheesy, but was shocked at how factory the carpeting looks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts