Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supportive Supporter
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear 5100's have about 48K miles on them.....bought them online from shock warehouse.com in Oct 2008.......drivers side rear is now blown....saw the oil leaking yesterday as I was rotating the tires.....The SW.com site says these were a "racing" application and no warranty....I wonder if I should even try and get replacments or something pro-rated out of them.
And why would a rear shock die?
crap! :apc:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,561 Posts
I'm very interested to find out how this all plays out. Conceivably, under that scenario, they could blow a seal an hour after you installed them and, according to Shock Warehouse, you would be out the $$$ and SOL on any help. Are they rebuildable with a seal kit?

Doesn't sound quite kosher to me. I thought the Bilstein 5100s were under a "limited lifetime" warranty...

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
474 Posts
"WARRANTY DETAILS FOR 9300 / 9100 / 7100 / 6100 / 5150 / 5125 SERIES MOTORSPORTS PRODUCT
LIMITED 90 DAY WARRANTY
Bilstein warrants to the original retail purchaser that, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, this product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. Any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness or fitness for particular purpose, except as may be prohibited by applicable law, is likewise limited in duration to ninety (90) days from the date of original retail purchase. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty is non-transferable and does not cover normal wear and tear or any other loss, liability or damage resulting from improper alteration, disassembly, handling, installation, service, repair or use of this product. Should this product fail as a result of a defect in materials or workmanship within the warranty period, contact Bilstein's Customer Service Department by telephone at 1-800-537-1085, or in writing at ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America 14102 Stowe Drive, Poway, California, 92064, for repair or replacement at Manufacturer's option. Do not return this motorsports product to the place of purchase.
Repair or replacement as provided by this warranty is customer's sole and exclusive remedy in the event of a product failure. Manufacturer shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential or other damages resulting from the disassembly, handling, installation, service, repair or use of this product. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you."

Nowhere do they specifically list the 5100 but I assume that they fall under this umbrella. Bilstein has a warranty tab on their website that explains their coverage. I don't think this is a Shockwarehouse issue.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
5100s have a lifetime warranty......

·
Supportive Supporter
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bummer.....
I'll try and contact SW.com and see what they think (their contact page didn't work this morning)....the shocks are only 1.5 years old......the stock Billies lasted 121K miles and 4 years on the truck.
:confused:

·
Preferred Dealer
90 Posts
5100s do come with a lifetime warranty, just fill out the form on our web site and we'll take care of you. I apologize for the confusion, the person who wrote the description for the 5100s was mistaken about the warranty on them.

·
Supportive Supporter
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW!!!!!
Very cool!
:beavbutt:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts