Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only reason why I ask is that on the C5/2001 Corvette I own, one of the maintenance items is the lubing of all the weatherstripping on the car using dielectric grease-I use SuperLube as it is a great equivalent.

I took to doing all the seals on all 3 of our cars/trucks yesterday.

Anyone else do this at all?

·
Forum Admin
8,242 Posts
I don't use a lube, but I do treat all the rubber seals with 303 Protectant whenever I clean the interior. Haven't used lube because I'm concerned about it rubbing off on my clothes. That happen to you?

Probably not a bad idea to use lube on them right before winter hits though.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have also heard of many that use the 303 protectant as many use it on their boats as well.

I have thought about my clothes but I got in/out and didn't see much possibility of me rubbing on any of the seals, and as I only put a very thin coat on, if any does rub off, it won't be too bad.

I have to figure that the Toyota seals are of a better quality than the GM seals that always seem to be an issue on the Corvette Forum I'm part of as well. I have never heard of a Toyota seal ever needing to be replace but I'll keep up on my seals just in case since I want to keep my truck a while anyway.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Dielectric grease on door seals?? I'd be afraid that crap would get on me too. I use silicon out of a spray can and wipe down the weatherstripping and the part of the door that contacts the weatherstripping. I do that about twice a year. I've heard very good things about 303 though.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I use silicon out of a spray can and wipe down the weatherstripping .
I do this before the winter as well to reduce freezing and sticking. I also use Vinylex a couple times a year to keep it clean and add some UV protection.

If you want to use a grease, I'd think there are better products than dielectric grease. Sylglide from Napa comes to mind. Its formulated for rubber protection and lubrication.

·
Forum Admin
8,242 Posts
I recalled mustang telling me about some Toyota brand silicone spray a while back. He said they use it on CV boots for reconditioning them. I bet you could use it on any factory rubber.

Toyota part # 00289-1ss00.
Silicone spray it runs $5.12 per can at your dealer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been using Griots vinyl&rubber dressings for 7yrs. Just spray it on a cotton rag and wipe. My rubbers still look and feel like new. Armoral works, I heard 303 works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts