Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your mileage and issues that you have had along the way- keep out the bed bounce and mod issues please. Lets keep this to stock only issues. I will start: 07 DBL CAb Limtd, 93,426 miles. 1. heater fan [email protected] 3,000- warrenty fix, 2. Gas pedal stuck -not recall, caused from tension in cab control unit- greased fixed. 3. thats it. This truck has towed a fully loaded 10,000 lb. plus 26ft trailer across the country over mountians, hurricane force winds, snowstorms, sub zero weather, and 118 temps in the desert. On top long road trips weekends were spent towing the boat to and from the lake. I drive this truck hard and I am on a 2nd set of tires (ready for 3rd) so in short, Tundra has done what Toyota said it would do and more. So whats your story for high miles?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I just turned 23k on my '07, but im happy as a PIG ( no pun ) in waller !!! OH...and NO issues!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
43k, no issues. Driver seat squeaks as well

·
Registered
122 Posts
First Tundra 06 DC 4x4 75,000 no problems. Second Tundra 07 DC 4x4 135,000 no problems. Third Tundra 2010 DC 4x4 23,000 fuel guage is going out or actually acts like float in tank is sticking. No other problems though. These miles are mostly all oilfield miles. Aside from that I am very pleased with my Tundras and wont buy any other make vehicle for work.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm at around 87,--- without any problem. Just the normal scheduled tune-ups and oil changes from dealers.
I'm begining to hear suspension squeaks as I go over deep speedbumps and trenches ( all on road condition, Zero offroad).
I think the heater doesnt heat up as fast as it used to when newer (this could be my imagination). Still lovin it in The OC.

·
Registered
756 Posts
77,xxx miles with no issues on my limited crewmax 5.7L 4x4. It's towed 7,000+ lbs cross crounty a few times and up to Alaska. It has performed in temps from -40F to +120F with no issues, I also haven't take in out of 4wd since Oct. No major problems other than a pinched seal in the rack-and-pinion and an airbag sensor, both replaced under warranty. All fluids changed to synthetic, change the oil every 5,000-6,000 miles and air filter every other oil change. It will need and new serpentine belt when I change the oil next, maybe a fuel filter also for good measure, and new tires at 90,000 miles or so.

Now that I think about it I could have the "most traveled" Tundra. It has been in: at least 35 of the states, 3 Canadian Providence's, seen the Pacific Coast, Atlantic Coast, Gulf of Mexico, Gulf of Alaska, all the Great Lakes and as far north as the Dalton Highway. I have also driven the truck several times 22+ hours straight at highway speeds and only shut-off for refueling. Great truck that is very comfortable (I'm 6'4") and very reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to drive from Fairbanks, Alaska to Key West, Florida if I needed to leave right now in the middle of winter, after I changed the serpentine belt of course.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
2750, sqeak somewhere near the drivers seat. Hoping to drive the life out of her if she'll let me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
77,xxx miles with no issues on my limited crewmax 5.7L 4x4. It's towed 7,000+ lbs cross crounty a few times and up to Alaska. It has performed in temps from -40F to +120F with no issues, I also haven't take in out of 4wd since Oct. No major problems other than a pinched seal in the rack-and-pinion and an airbag sensor, both replaced under warranty. All fluids changed to synthetic, change the oil every 5,000-6,000 miles and air filter every other oil change. It will need and new serpentine belt when I change the oil next, maybe a fuel filter also for good measure, and new tires at 90,000 miles or so.

Now that I think about it I could have the "most traveled" Tundra. It has been in: at least 35 of the states, 3 Canadian Providence's, seen the Pacific Coast, Atlantic Coast, Gulf of Mexico, Gulf of Alaska, all the Great Lakes and as far north as the Dalton Highway. I have also driven the truck several times 22+ hours straight at highway speeds and only shut-off for refueling. Great truck that is very comfortable (I'm 6'4") and very reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to drive from Fairbanks, Alaska to Key West, Florida if I needed to leave right now in the middle of winter, after I changed the serpentine belt of course.
I stand corrected, I ran across this today. They drove a 2007 Tundra around the WORLD!!! So this Tundra is most likely the "most traveled" Tundra.
Driving Around The World Toyota 4x4 Expedition - Travel Guides, Travel Blogs and Travel Photos

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow, great story... I'm at 12,000 miles on my 07 DC Tundra with no problems. I have a work car so hardly drove my baby around except when hauling big stuffs.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Can a mod please merge this with the other "100K Owner's Club" thread? We don't need more of these.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have also driven the truck several times 22+ hours straight at highway speeds and only shut-off for refueling.
I can't imagine doing ANYTHING for 22 hours straight, driving, sleeping, sexx, nothing. You must have the toughest azz on the planet. :eek:

I just made 8300 miles, absolutely no problems yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also spent some time in the oil fields as an MWD in Colorado and New Mexico. It can be really rough on trucks. Tundra has taken it well. Looking to get back in to the biz soon.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
I have put approx 45K pretty hard miles on mine. Like I've said in other posts - not a thing has gone wrong with it (knock on wood).

·
Registered
756 Posts
I can't imagine doing ANYTHING for 22 hours straight, driving, sleeping, sexx, nothing. You must have the toughest azz on the planet. :eek:

I just made 8300 miles, absolutely no problems yet.
You haven't met my passanger; the WIFE:devil:. Just joking!!!! I see your from Greenville. I have a house in Simpsonville, I really miss the area.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts