Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordinarily the dealership I use is top-notch in terms of service. But lately I've had a difficult time even getting through to the service department (frequently goes to voice-mail and I've learned through experience that no matter how many times I leave a message nobody gets back to me). I ordered a replacement pedal for my truck on May 4th... here it is June 8th and it has STILL not arrived. Last time I checked with my service manager to make sure the model was correct and it was.
So, I'm just wondering if anybody in Maryland has gotten this done and if so, where they got it done. I'm getting pi$$ed at driving around with this POS gas pedal that feels like it came out of a damn 94 Sunbird. It used to respond pretty instantly and not float around like it does now. This stupid shim-fix was the dumbest idea (I didn't want it done but they assured me I wouldn't even know it was there). Sorry for the rant, I'm just not in that great a mood about this issue...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the recalls done last Saturday at Jones. When I left Jones on Saturday I did not notice too much of a difference but, the more I drive the more I do not like it.

In addition, I do not know if it is related but when I first start the truck, put it in drive and step on the gas it sometimes vibrates like the VSC is somehow being activated. I have been trying to pin point exactly when and how it does it so that I can explain it to the SM. My SM told me on Saturday before they did the recall that they could also order the pedal and call me when it comes in. He said that it could be a week or six months. I am going to call next week and order the pedal. I too agree that the recall is BS and they should just replace the pedal instead of putting us through all this.

What dealer are you using? I have had no problems, yet, calling and talking to someone at Jones.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I went to the dealer, they told me it would be 1 month before I get one.
Called 800 number and 2 days later my dealer gives me a call to confirm that I have an issue.
Next day they call me to schedule an appointment since the pedal is in.
Was very surprised and pleased!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yeah shimmed pedal sucks and the dealerships acts all surprised like your the only one that's complained about it. Thankfully my dealer has my truck and is installing the new pedal now along with a new torque converter. Quality wise I've lost a lot of faith in Toyota.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got my done at Fitzgerald without any issues, just called and set up the appointment.. it was done in 2 hours or so

·
Registered
916 Posts
I am going to complain about my shim fix at my next oil change. I didn't notice it at first either, but it does feel overly senstive and jerky to me now. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I know it's a bit off topic but we should all plan another meet with the weather getting nicer :becky:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good to me.:tu:
Let's wash some dealers bones:crazy3d:
Sounds good to me too... I missed the get-together at Arundel Mills the last time for something that popped up at the last minute.

FYI, I got my new pedal installed this morning by the original dealer. He couldn't explain why it took so long and then after talking to parts again why it came in literally a day or two later. His explanation was that the part number for the new pedal may have changed because inventory is now showing up as being pretty good at their warehouses.

Anyhow, I'm glad they came through and it is definitely much better than before without a doubt. Hopefully others will be able to get theirs done soon too... just ask about whether the part number has changed.

BTW, the pedal was installed without the cut/shave job on the previous models...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts