Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just I stalled a new double din head unit and the metra kit fits pretty good except for one area. In the upper left hand corner where the gauge bezel meets the radio the gauge bezel will not snap all the way down. It is hitting the dash kit. I reused the metal brackets that came with the factory radio. I attached the brackets to the new hu and then mounted the new head unit. Lastly I snapped the dash kit in place then tightened down the final two screws. Any thoughts or input?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes they are sometimes a pita, sometimes you have to slot the holes for the metra trim brackets that attach to the side of the radio to "tweak" it or even trim behind were its hitting. Can you take a pic and post it. It will be easier to diagnose.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll try to post some pics during the day so you can see it better

·
Registered
383 Posts
That's a side effect of using the metal brackets... sometimes they need a small adjustment and the metal doesn't allow for that easily. A drill bit to wallow out the holes on that side will give you the wiggle room you need... or you can use the plastic bracket on that side... either way you need a small adjustment.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's hitting the flange on the left side. Can I just sand down the flange so the dash peice will snap in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts