Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
monday i got an email saying my scheduled payment has begun processing....uh...no payment was scheduled for then....no payment since the 1st, next one again coming out on the 1st (kinda a monthly pattern :rolleyes:) anyway when i checked my account online there was nothing pending nothing processing nothing at all...so i emailed them and they said sorry for the confusion it was sent in error and they would investigate it...thats all fine and dandy except when they emailed me back it had my account number on it but had a 2005 toyota solara as the vehicle description......

wondering if anyone else is having weird sh!t with TFS right now....kinda makes u wonder about their record keeping.....

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Yeah, I think they're having some issues. I get my notifications by email. Just a couple days ago I got 3 separate messages in a two hour period....one saying that they were about to begin processing my next payment and the other two saying that processing had begun. Usually I get one saying processing has begun and another a few days later saying electronic payment was received.

No problem as long as they don't get into my checking account more than once per month!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nothing weird for me yet, but I don't have auto pay. They send me an email and then I go into the account and pay it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I got the same thing a couple days ago too. Must have been some server issues.:rolleyesa:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool...guess its not just me......hey i know...why dont ya'll all make a payment on my account....ya'll can spread it out one per month hahahaha

·
Registered
134 Posts
That sux, i hope it doesn't happen to me...i haven't even made a payment yet though! hopefully i'll get a damn account number here shortly!

·
Registered
99 Posts
No problem as long as they don't get into my checking account more than once per month!

Uggg..... you are brave to let ANYONE into your checking account... yeah, i've had companies tell me before that if i dont set up direct bill pay, i can't have their service... well, guess what... i didnt get their service. with all the freaks that have access through your account.... and the time it would take to get your money back if some employee ripped you off.... scary, scary stuff.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Uggg..... you are brave to let ANYONE into your checking account... yeah, i've had companies tell me before that if i dont set up direct bill pay, i can't have their service... well, guess what... i didnt get their service. with all the freaks that have access through your account.... and the time it would take to get your money back if some employee ripped you off.... scary, scary stuff.
Get a better bank to protect you if you are so scared. What is the difference really? You send someone a check, and they have your routing number and acct num anyways. :confused:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they dont get into your account...duh....they submit an electronic transfer just like any other form of payment...the only thing is its done automatically so you dont have to remember or mess with it. and banks will take care of you if someone choses to abuse it or make a mistake....and i highly doubt TFS would abuse it.... and this error is just an email notification no extra drafts or anything... autodraft is the way to go....unless u have some other automatic bill pay....either way its teh same thing. we have it for house, cars, boat, insurance, cable, telephone. the only one we dont do is electricity so we can see whats fixing to come out as it changes..... makes life so much simpler.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
the TFS website is simply not the best! if you want transaction history and other reports you cannot view them online, only request them for snail mail delivery. other loan sites offer much more capability.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Look at the positive side. If they are that confused there is a chance they might say your account is paid in full and mail you the pink slip.

:D

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I have had no problems with TFS here in Canada... :) Only 14 payments left on my 07 Tundra and its MINEEEEE!! (Except that they might waive the rest of the payments due to my cancer treatments and we sent in the medical forms last week)

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had issues, but anybody who will lend 30k at 0% for several years is allowed a few issues by me...
And that is a good reason.....

I am wary of any sort of auto-debit system (not through TFS but with my credit-union), I've had one bad experience. I went to a new payment date, and ended up double-dipping a payment. It was my own fault, but it was more of a hassle to get it straight than to suck it up and make an extra payment.

Now, TFS wasnt offering 0% when I bought mine.... (razzin' frazzin' incentive changes.)

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I 100% agree with you. I would rather mail a payment than authorize an auto draft every month. It may be a wash as far as security goes but I am old school and don't mind writing the check and mailing it. Heck, someone has to keep USPS afloat.

·
Registered
375 Posts
yea thats weird... i got the same email this week too, i beleive it was monday. but i just signed up for notifications so i can pay it once i get an email. no auto pay for me... not on something that high. haha

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I 100% agree with you. I would rather mail a payment than authorize an auto draft every month. It may be a wash as far as security goes but I am old school and don't mind writing the check and mailing it. Heck, someone has to keep USPS afloat.
Yep also agree, the less people/computers having access into my account the better. Too many "glitches" can happen.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
No issues here with TFS, but I refuse to let anyone have access to my bank account (except my wife). I use online banking and the payment gets sent literally overnight and posts the next day. It does however mess up their system when I make a higher payment than the minimum - this sometimes makes it appear the next month in their computer as if there's no payment due even when there is.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Man theres some old school people on here!! I don't do automatic payments because I like to choose the date I pay on but I do pay throught the website. Please tell me that you guys aren't those people that still write checks at the grocery store.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts