Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tundra I'm buying is suppose to be on its way to the dealership. It's estimated arrival date was between the 19th-24th. I did not order it, it just happen to be what I was looking for when I went to the dealership. I just got an email from my salesman today and he stated it still hasn't shown up and he is looking into it. He stated this recall thing has thrown off delivery dates of new cars. I find it odd with all this technology these days that they can't find exactly there the truck is at. Oh well I guess...I better get a hat out of this deal:cool:

·
Registered
274 Posts
didn't order one either. just wanted a cm 4x4 5.7 with no trd, leather etc. they found one and it was supposed to come directly on the truck from SA. was going to get it last fri, then it was coming sat. now its thurs and im still waiting. was supposed to come direct but they found out it was going to a different dealer and once it got there it would be sent from that dealer five hrs away to my dealer. they said it should be here sat do im racking the miles up on our trade with tundra paperwork in the console lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That sounds a lot like my CM I picked up last Sat. Not too many around that aren't loaded for 45K+. Mine was traded to my dealer for something else. Your not in or near NJ are you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just found this evening that because of the nationwide Toyota plant shutdown that took place earlier, the Tundra I was expecting to arrive yesterday hasn't even built yet! It could be weeks before it would get here. The dealer is now trying to locate a one from another dealer. It sounds like they have an exact match (except for not having a power rear window) and I will find out tomorrow if they can get if for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same waiting game for my new Rock warrior. Mine wound up being only a little over a week arriving after the set delivery date, but now it is mine and I love it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That sounds a lot like my CM I picked up last Sat. Not too many around that aren't loaded for 45K+. Mine was traded to my dealer for something else. Your not in or near NJ are you?
nah, in north carolina. everything we found was a limited or platinum and we have a severe jeep habit lol. dealer called me at 5pm this eve, said it left SA three days ago. wtf... three days ago i was told it was sitting on the lot @ TMMT. so its either tomorrow or mon i guess. congrats on your new ride.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Well I just found this evening that because of the nationwide Toyota plant shutdown that took place earlier, the Tundra I was expecting to arrive yesterday hasn't even built yet!
Sounds like your dealer is feeding you a bunch of lies. Just IMO :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I just found this evening that because of the nationwide Toyota plant shutdown that took place earlier, the Tundra I was expecting to arrive yesterday hasn't even built yet! It could be weeks before it would get here. The dealer is now trying to locate a one from another dealer. It sounds like they have an exact match (except for not having a power rear window) and I will find out tomorrow if they can get if for me.
I may have to go the same route as you in trying to find an alternate vehicle.

I put a deposit on a CM 5.7 SR5 on March 4th. The dealer said that the truck was assembled, and that it should arrive at Toyota's distribution facility in a few days. From there it would take 7 to 10 days to arrive on their lot so I could take possession. 22 days later, and the truck hasn't arrived at the distribution facility yet. I am definately starting to loose some of my patience over this. It will be interesting to see what the April incentives will be and hopefully they will improve from March's.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I was in the same position as you guys. I found a truck that I liked, but hadn't been built yet. I secured it with my dealer and they did all the necessary steps to get it sent to them. He said he put all the information in to let the plant know the truck was sold because that sometimes got them going a little faster on them. Then the shutdown hit. My truck was supposed to be built the week of the shutdown. Originally I was supposed to take delivery on 2/24. That got pushed to 2/26. The truck didn't arrive at port till 2/25 and I was finally able to take delivery on 3/4. My dealer didn't know how long port processing would take, but he said he knew that when SET turned the truck over to the carrier to take it to the dealership, the carrier had 3 days. It took him five to get from Jacksonville, FL to NC.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Sounds like your dealer is feeding you a bunch of lies. Just IMO :)
They're not. The same thing happened to me. There must have been some kind of delayed notification. Was supposed to hit the ground on the 18th, and poof...nothing.

I had my financing all lined up and approved, so there was no benefit for the dealership to lie to me. In fact, they lost the sale, so...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well my dealer is getting one from another dealer and it should be here Monday or Tuesday. Its exactly the same except it doesn't have a power rear sliding window and does have daytime running lamps. The wait will be over soon!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I reached a deal at my NY dealership March 10th. I was told the DC TRD was already built and would be in the 17th-24th. After calling on the 19th of March the salesman said it "looks like" it will be in the 29th. He said ship times always change and they come to New Jersy on train.
I'm starting to get impatient enough to test drive a GMC crewmax. I will be really p-off if it is not here before the end of 0% financing.
Do you guys think that toyota would have better offers in April after already having "the best incentives ever in March"?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I reached a deal at my NY dealership March 10th. I was told the DC TRD was already built and would be in the 17th-24th. After calling on the 19th of March the salesman said it "looks like" it will be in the 29th. He said ship times always change and they come to New Jersy on train.
I'm starting to get impatient enough to test drive a GMC crewmax. I will be really p-off if it is not here before the end of 0% financing.
Do you guys think that toyota would have better offers in April after already having "the best incentives ever in March"?

That would really blow if their lateness killed your ability to get the incentives you are after... I just got my truck, it arrived late in the timeframe window that the dealer provided. Maybe phone around to a few other dealers, or hit up their sites - to see if they have the same vehicle / color you are after in stock, then press your dealer to trade. In my experience, nobody looks out for number 1 like number 1... Good luck!

·
Registered
754 Posts
In my experience, nobody looks out for number 1 like number 1... Good luck!
good saying there....yeah im waiting on mine also was hoping for this months rebates, but im crossing my fingers for a higher rebate come april...last year in april it was 3k vs last year in march it was 2500 or 2k I believe. so heres to hoping it goes up in april and my truck arrives :tu:

·
Registered
544 Posts
lol I never settle for only that discount. I work them then get a wayyy lower price. Good Luck in getting your trucks soon... To that GMC test drive... You'll like it, until you do lane changes at 70mph.....:D

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Finally bought a truck out of dealer stock this weekend....soooooo much easier! Best transaction I've ever had, thanks Shore Toyota!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts