Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on here in a while, figured I'd stop in. Just turned 80K miles this month. It's the longest I've kept a vehicle in my 15 or so years of driving. It's been a great truck. Hadn't done much in the way of aftermarket stuff (DVD head unit, tool box, a stubby antenna and most recently (today weather tech floor liners)

Almost looks new, surprisingly fog it wasn't really hard to maintain it.
Anyone else give their truck a bath recently?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Your truck looks great. It snowed here all day, so no chance of a wash - of course I was working anyway.
Hope to clean off the Mag Chloride this weekend and take a picture of the truck with my new shoes. :)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Unfortunately I'm somewhat handicapped so I can't wash my own truck worth a damn. I did go get a car wash a couple days ago, does that count? This is the longest I've kept a vehicle also as I bought mine new in 2007.
Anyway, yours still looks really good man. Love that interior!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Beautiful looking truck! Yea, I gave mine the once a year pre-winter wash and wax. Should be good for another year. Generally I will run it through the wash after a snow storm to clean off all the salt and brine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Black trucks have to be washed constantly, or, thats what my OCD tells me. Wife thinks its silly for me to keep my chamois so clean & for me to use a pail of warm water to rinse it out. Yes, I am that guy that washes his truck when it is 20 degrees out, then like a madman, wipes all the water streaks off before it ices up. My kids aren't small anymore, I have to be OCD on something. Snow & ice season is here (along with dumdum drivers) Keeping it clean gives me positive attitude & like a therapy
:coola:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've been letting the rain do it for the last few days. Probably be good till it rains again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been letting the rain do it for the last few days. Probably be good till it rains again.
Pyrite Mica Paint for the win. Wash? Its not dirty.....that I can tell!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Salsa Red. The dirt covers the dents and scratches.

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Did about a week and a half ago, first time in over two months. Even clay bar'd the roof and hit it with a good coat of wax afterward. Since I'm able to keep him in the garage, a swipe or two with a California Duster on the weekends and it's all good, providing I have't driven through the rain or mud in the meantime. :tu:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I guess I am rather anal regarding my Tundra ('12 TRD). I wash it at least once a week (sometimes more), immediately after returning from out beach house in PCB, never park it overnight with bugs on the front, and never park it wet (caught in the rain) in the garage. My neighbors are amused with me (probably think I'm crazy) but my next door neighbor mows his yard every other day. He has a Lexus and rarely washes it (go figure). Even as stupid as that may be it is nice when someone says "man...I like your new truck."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.