Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else with a Carriage Works billet grille? Help needed...

I got mine in today, top piece and main grille piece went on fine. Then I got to the bumper inserts. First off, they left the 6 flat brackets out of the mounting hardware. I went to Lowes and got some just flat metal pieces and drilled holes in them to replace them. I then tried to mount them and I just cant get them mounted. when I screw the brackets on to "squeeze" the plastic, it screws up the angle and the grille wont go on correctly. After about an hour of trying I finally gave up. Anybody have any tips? I think the mounting design is flawed personally, but maybe thats just cause I couldnt get it to work. Im gonna email carriage works and attempt to get them to send the 6 correct brackets as maybe thatll help but I dont see how. Anyway, sorry for the rant, just looking for some help. Ill get pics tomorrow whether i can get the bumper pieces mounted or not.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Besides the missing brackets....what do you think of the quality?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall the quality was good. It looked as if they packaged it a bit too soon outta paint and the black backing had rubbed off a bit but not really noticeable. No bent peices or anything like that and the main grille was vey easy to put in, as was the upper peice and, pardon my brashness, look great IMO. The bumper peice is a b*tch though no matter the correct brackets or not. I keep thinking about it and just dont see how much different the "right" brackets could be but Ill reserve judgement til I see them. I will get them in one way or the other. I think ill end up having to make my own brackets, but maybe not.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, sorry, no pics tonight. I was so pissed by the time I was sick of messing with it I didnt take any pics. Ill put some up tomorrow whether I get the bumper pieces in or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts