Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am curious wether or not you can change options that normally come together when ordering directly from factory??

Such as I want black interior instead of graphite on my Salsa Red Platinum Crew Max....

Or deleting such options as wood grain dash.....

I know when you build online its different for every region you live in and with my zip code as the build area these are not options, although if you BACKTRACK through the options you can change a few items although not sure if they would be accepted....

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Essentially if your desired combination is not within a normal production specification, your only other option is to buy the items you want as parts and have them dealer installed during delivery. These days the concept of a "factory order" is really just your salesman doing an inventory search at other dealers and/or from factory allocated orders, then swapping with said other dealer to get the truck in question to your own dealer.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Essentially if your desired combination is not within a normal production specification, your only other option is to buy the items you want as parts and have them dealer installed during delivery. These days the concept of a "factory order" is really just your salesman doing an inventory search at other dealers and/or from factory allocated orders, then swapping with said other dealer to get the truck in question to your own dealer.
though I disagree and agree you could still get the truck you want, but it will take some time (guess you can say they are seraching) to be built at the factory could be wrong, but what I wanted was hard to get.
5.7L v8 NO FLEX FUEL
crewmax
black ex.
black in
4x4
front bench seating
a dealer is getting one set up fo rme though who knows he could be just doing a search :p though he saids it getting built at toyota right now.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Well, I special ordered mine in 2007. It took about 2-3 months. I didn't want the Limited because it had options that I did not care to spend thousands on so I went with the SR5 with nav, JBL sub package (sucks), bluetooth, moonroof, cloth buckets, and others; see my signature which is organized by the time I ordered it to my last mod or add-on. Not sure if they still do special orders or not as I stated this was almost 3 years ago when they first came out..........

I special ordered it through Twin City Toyota in Herculaneum, MO.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
You never know, maybe with recession / gas pedal issues they are becoming more receptive to this sort of thing. I remember when I was buying my 2006 I had to order because regular cabs are so rare, but the only "wiggle room" I had was color. Sure would be nice to get what I really wanted.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Doubt it, they are not going to change the line for one truck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I'm going in circles right now with my dealer, and it doesnt seem that toyota is hit as hard as some think, go to any dealer the are still as busy as always and not for service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts