Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I finaly took a look under the dash last night. There are three places where the return spring contacts the clutch assembly, all three had a white plastic bushing. From the factory, there is some light grease on them (looks like petrolium jelly). there is also the linkage that is attached to the clutch master cylinder. The three spring contact points aren't missing (on mine) but the spring itself seems to grown when it begins and ends it's cycle. This is more pronounced when going slowly, which leads me to believe that the grease isn't stoping the spring from binding where it contacts the pedal arm. I put some 30 weight oil on it, but that didn't eliminate the noise. The shaft that goes to the m.c. makes some noise too, but the main problem is still the spring, where it rides on the pedal arm. So after all this I don't have a remedy for you, sorry, but now you know what doesn't work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.