Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SR5 Extended Cab Tundra 4.7 L V8
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I am looking for a muffle that would add a mean deep sound but won’t be obnoxiously loud. Any recommendations? If so, could you post videos of your truck’s sound!

Side Note: I am running a 4.7L V8 Engine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man, glad to see more of us lol. I have a flomaster super 10 with a deleted resonator, stock headers and cats, and it sounds great. Ill try to get some vids for you.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Welcome to the site guys. There are shit loads of threads already on this site about this topic. Just use the search box you see at the top of any page and type in something like best muffler or best exhaust etc and just start reading. The more you read the better educated you will be about that you want to buy that works for you.

Reactions: Jonesy and LGL002

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can tell you what not to get, I replaced my entire exhaust system from the manifolds back, cats included on a 2000 Tundra. Purchased a Magnaflow stainless CAT back and it drones like hell and is rusting pretty good too, sounds great at idle but on the highway it is painful.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I can tell you what not to get, I replaced my entire exhaust system from the manifolds back, cats included on a 2000 Tundra. Purchased a Magnaflow stainless CAT back and it drones like hell and is rusting pretty good too, sounds great at idle but on the highway it is painful.
Ha ha. Sounds very similar to what I did. I guess thats why they call it Magnablow.
That being said would I be correct that you ditched the original resonator? If you did, I would be willing to bet if you put one in your drone would be 90% gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts