Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a full size shell on the back of there Tundra DC? Like a Leer or a Snug top. Just wondering what it looks like and also if it can be mounted on top of a Tundra that has a bedliner. Thx.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am wondering if the shell mounts to the bed itself or sits on top of the black bed caps? Anyone know for sure?
I was told by a salesperson that a full size shell sits flush on top of the black bed rails like you mentioned, but they say alot of things. Thought I would ask the experts here and see if anyone has put a shell on yet. Dealer said they are running between $1200 and $2k depending on the style.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Snug-top (not sure about Leer or A.R.E.) mounted onto/over the bed rail covers. It then tied into the factory installed bed rail system for a toally soild mount. If you got one of the after-market plastic liners that would prevent installation of the bed rail system, then I dunno. But there must be a work-around,? I have a sprayed in liner so there were no issues with the rail stem being installed, or the canopy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts