Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've decided to get a RollBak retractable cover. I like the looks, it sounds good feature wise, and I'm ok with the price. I'm just wondering if any of you have had problems with this particular cover.

I've seen a few places say this cover works with the 2007's, but it doesn't mention anything about the deck rail system. I sent an email to the company asking, but I haven't received anything back yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I still haven't received official word from Bak Industries, but looking at the online installation help Bak covers should work with the deck rail system (Tacoma and Tundra). The problem is they say it uses the deck rail system so you don't have to modify your truck, but it doesn't say anything about the deck rail system being usable with the cover on.

Anyone know if the deck rail system is still usable with a Bak cover installed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes with my experience with the 06 Tacoma you can still utilize the deck rail system with the bed cover...just cant place the brackets where the deck rail brackets would need to be placed...whatever ur application needs. The cover would bracket right onto the deck rail system though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the responce I got from Bak:

Hi Willie,

First of all, thank you for considering RollBAK Tonneau cover! In response to your question, at this moment we require the removal of the track on the 07 Tundra to install the cover.

While on one hand it may seem like a less ideal way to proceed, the alternative is to use the track system to install the RollBak, in which case you lose the features of the track anyway as the rails cover up the track for the cover’s installation.

Hopefully this answers your question. This is a great time to buy...Deep Discounts, and Free Shipping! We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards,
Mark

So, it sounds like I'd have to take the cover off in order to use the deck rail system. I think I'd rather have the cover than the rails. I know Retrax makes a cover that's suppose to cooperate with the deck rails, but I really like the RollBak cover.

Anybody got a coin :rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a deck rail compatible cover is in the works, but I'd definately have to remove the deck rail system for now. Maybe when an updated cover is released I could just replace the cover rails.

The development of some type of clamp to work with the track is ‘in the works’ which means it will be a while. You CANNOT install the cover with the rails..you would have to remove your “deck rail system” to install the cover. If you completely uninstall the cover, then you can reinstall the rails...

·
Preferred Dealer
12 Posts
Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit is a high quality comparable cover with many features & benifits with a 3-year no hassle warranty.

Each kit includes two clamp versions. One that works with the deck rail and another that works without the deck rail system.

Very simple and easy to install either verison.

Pace-Edwards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts