Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this combination on their truck? I decided to get the 20" carved Toyota rims and these tires plus a 2.5" ReadyLift kit (all installed at the dealer).

Its going to cost quite a bit more so I would really like to see how this will look versus sticking with the 18" TRD wheels and just getting BF A/Ts.

Even if you have this combo but with a different 20" rim, please post pics. Thanks!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Does anyone have this combination on their truck? I decided to get the 20" carved Toyota rims and these tires plus a 2.5" ReadyLift kit (all installed at the dealer).

Its going to cost quite a bit more so I would really like to see how this will look versus sticking with the 18" TRD wheels and just getting BF A/Ts.

Even if you have this combo but with a different 20" rim, please post pics. Thanks!

this is the setup i am going to run but right now i am running the stock 20 in tires till they get a decent lift kit on the market

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just installed their leveling kit this morning.
It looks great. A little bigger tires would fill out the wheel wells, that will have to wait a bit.
Can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, here is a pic of my truck with 20's. I am running 305 bfg tires though. Hope this helps.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/95404-new-tundra-lifted/
Correct me if I am wrong, but the difference between your tires and the ones I getting is mine will have more sidewall and be about an inch taller? Is this right?

I like the look of this size tire (yours) but the guy in the parts department mentioned the next size tire up (more sidewall) will have a better ride and be more durable overall.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now with pics:tu:
Looks sharp. I put 285/65/18 AT KO's on my truck and am considering either the Readylift or possibly will wait for Bilstein to come out with a shock that will level the front end.

Did you install the Readylift yourself or have it done... and did it actually take an hour like they claim?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks sharp. I put 285/65/18 AT KO's on my truck and am considering either the Readylift or possibly will wait for Bilstein to come out with a shock that will level the front end.

Did you install the Readylift yourself or have it done... and did it actually take an hour like they claim?
It took 45 minutes with air tools, a lift and a helper.
The alignment was WAY off when i was finished.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm really curious if the 20" carved wheels would look better with the 285x55s or the 285x65s...I know the larger sidewall will help the ride and durability a bit, but I have not been able to see this configuration in person or in a picture.

Thanks for the pics on the lift btw!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts