Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered it, got it today, and the damn thing doesn't fit.

Anyone familiar with it will know the latches have a pointed part that needs to be seated in a groove along the frame rail for them to lock properly...

however, the forward latches won't sit in the grooves.

Anyone have this cover and had this problem? :confused:

I didn't see anything like this when reading reviews or doing a search of this forum.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you notice on the pointed part, there are grooves. Each groove is a piece that allows for different hieghts and can be popped off by wiggling them with pliers. I had to take all of mine off, down to the base.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So here are the pics of what's going on.

Advantage says this is ok, even though their instructions and the warning labels on the cover say it's not.

The forward picture shows the alignment point hitting against the rail instead of sitting in the groove that it's supposed to sit in.

Forward clamp:

Aft clamp:

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
So here are the pics of what's going on.

Advantage says this is ok, even though their instructions and the warning labels on the cover say it's not.

The forward picture shows the alignment point hitting against the rail instead of sitting in the groove that it's supposed to sit in.

Forward clamp:

Aft clamp:
I have one and my handles don't look like that. The black plastic piece that is part of the handle is much longer on mine. That back "nipple" fits into a groove in mine like your second picture. They must have redesigned it since I got mine last year? Mine looks different underneath than yours. :confused:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, that forward one does not look right. You should pop off those point ends as I mentioned so that it's not so angled. I'll have to look at mine tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts