Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the SS Magnaflow Cat-back system on my 2006 DC TRD and it has the dreaded droning at 1200-2000 rpm range. It's too obnoxious for me, and I'm sure I'm not the onlyone.

So I'm wondering if anyone has installed a resonator on their exhaust to reduce or eliminate this droning noise. If you have, what brand and size did you get?

Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
the guys that go forced induction and no cats usually go with a inline muffler set up

basically you keep the muffler you have no where its at, and add another 18" magnflow straight through muffler just after the Y, but before your current muffler. It cuts the noise levels significantly. I have heard it in person vs my personal set up, it is very quiet, but still sounds good when you get on it.

Im thinking of doing this on my truck. I do not mind the drone, but I might do it to add to my "sleeper" status on the streets and track:D

check out the linkage...

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22223

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and link. I never thought about adding a second muffler. I was thinking about adding the Magnaflow highflow cat right before the muffler and changing out the Y-pipe with the URD one, so I'm complient with emmissions law here in GA. I'll have to give this another thought now.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I did a Borla cat back with duals I like it. But it dose not sound as good as the 4Runner with th V8. I left the cats alone on both. Did SS tips & painted it with HIGHT temp Black paint. Both Trucks have the K&N cold air in tecks & I Just started using the Mobil1 extended oil. I have Royal purple below on both(I used to use the regular Mobil1). The Exted is a BIG Difference.....

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Spelling or Spell Check isn't a strong point in the Taco crowd now is it :twitch:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts