Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get bombarded with "THAT DOESNT WORK LOLOLOLOL" comments, I got one to see for myself, because you can't just read up on anything these days without there being 4000 people that say it works and 4000 that says it doesnt.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE installed a fitch catalyst in their tundra *I have a v8 2006* can you give me some advise on where to mount the catalyst, and or what the best setup you have found to be? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Send a PM to highwaylizard. He installed and mileage-tested his.
Thanks Duffy.

This is not the DuffyAtkinson response I was expecting. :D
Be nice Creo.:D

hah i've tried contacting that guy SEVERAL times, and he's never responded. thanks though.
Hey Atilla,

Sorry for the delay in getting a response out to you. I do have a PM from you from the middle of last month. To be honest things have been pretty trying for me over the past 12 months and I took a break from the forum. When I returned I popped in from time to time just for stress relief.

Currently I am struggling to make a living. I just got a job as a consultant but have no money coming in yet, am trying to get taxes for the business done (paperwork is who knows where since I left my son's mother) and I have invested a lot of time and energy into trying to get over $20,000 worth of stolen equipment back from the knucklehead I sold my business to who has taken off with it. Add to that raising my son and twenty hour days and I am pretty worn out at the end of the day. Lousy excuses I know but I feel pretty drained at the end of each day.

My research and testing has come to a halt (as have my Blog posts). I will try and get back to my old passion of information and research and sharing my findings with the members here. To be honest the passion of my research and testing sometimes is what keeps my spirits up. This forum has been very good to me and I feel a sense of duty to contribute my share (to what extent possible) to help the members here. I apologize for being remiss in doing that.

The link Duffy (Remmy) provided sums things up pretty well. I installed the Fitch before my last run to the Florida Keys and have been quite satisfied with the results. Despite some variables that managed their way into my testing (failed rear oil seal, failed catalytic converter, failed O2 sensors, and a destroyed rear end) the numbers are very good. It helps to bear in mind that after installing the Fitch I ran the truck out harder than I did before installing the Fitch and I still get better MPG's.

If you are giving serious consideration to the Fitch I strongly advise to have at least a year's worth of MPG data assembled first in order to have something to compare it against. I would be very interested in any data you generate whether it be concurrent with my findings or contrary to them. I feel that there should be more research and testing results available to the members here than just my findings.

There is another member here who has the Fitch installed Bad Bones BJ and I talked with him about his results before making the decision to test the Fitch. BJ's results were positive as well but he refrained from posting about it due to the amount of caustic skepticism he received about it. The last time I communicated with BJ he had just had some serious medical procedures done and was not feeling too well. I am not sure if there are others, but I seem to recall seeing the Fitch in someone's signature awhile back.

Installation of the Fitch was intimidating to me as it involved cutting fuel lines and I did the installation the day before we left for Florida in very cold weather. The most difficult part for me was figuring out which lines were the ones I needed to use - and where to mount the damn thing. I could do them all day now but at the time I questioned my sanity.

Here are some pictures of my installation. If you need more let me know and I will try and get them to you on Saturday evening. If I was not so tired I would read the thread where some other members explained to me how to embed the pictures so they would be bigger - maybe this weekend I will get around to that.

Hope this helps.

Toby

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow thanks so much for that response man.

i still can't quite see which line it is that we're cutting in to. guess i'll just have to slice and pray haha.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
wow thanks so much for that response man.

i still can't quite see which line it is that we're cutting in to. guess i'll just have to slice and pray haha.
I will try and get some pictures this afternoon of the lines you need to use. Have you found a mounting location yet? Remember that you want to keep the unit as close to vertical as possible when choosing a mounting location.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took some pictures of the spot that I think is where it needs to be plugged in. You mentioned cutting the line but I don't think it needs to be cut?

is that where i need to plug it in?

·
Here for the long haul!!!!
131 Posts
Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Automotive fuel system

The Connection circled in orange is where the stock line from the gas tank connects to the fuel rail. The Connection circled in green is where you connect the stock line to the in line on the Fitch and then connect the output line to the connection circled in orange. This is all on the drivers side of the motor. hope i didn't make this too confusing for you.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,562 Posts
I took some pictures of the spot that I think is where it needs to be plugged in. You mentioned cutting the line but I don't think it needs to be cut?

is that where i need to plug it in?
NO!!! That's part of the evap system!

Take a close look at Toby's (Highwaylizard) install. You can see where the fuel lines come up from the tank/filter. If need be, climb under and manually follow the fuel line from the filter to the inside of the fender. You will find the spot where it switches from a hardline to rubber.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Here is the installation write-up from my Blog which may help you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many thanks, i got it installed just now, and its leak free, everything is chill. thanks to all. now to see if it works or not :p

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Many thanks, i got it installed just now, and its leak free, everything is chill. thanks to all. now to see if it works or not :p
:worthless:

C'mon pics pics pics PLEASE???????

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Later! I promise. Have to go to class in a minute.

Hey btw, hope you get a good job again man, sucks to hear about your loss. thanks again

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DOUBLE POST YUT!

Here are the pics!

Honestly, easiest thing i've ever installed on a vehicle, minus a K&N drop in filter haha. Its easier than changing your oil. Damn....Thanks for all the help guys, it really SOUNDED harder than it was, but those pics really helped.

Cheers!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$195.99 or something with free shipping off of one of the websites that were recommended from fitch's website. shipped/arrived within a week. so far i havn't noticed any gains, but it kind of seems like i lost some low end power from it?? maybe its just my mind worrying about the thing ruining any performance. we'll see.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE:
Drove up to base, which is a good 92 miles away from home, and with a few miles of stop and go traffic, and some considerable side winds, I got 22.9mpg all freeway driving, filled up when i got there to get that number. I was going 65mph the whole time after the traffic, and last time I did that, I got 20mpg. WOW. So I did a test to see if it was just a fluke, and filled up before I drove back home and tried again.
Even crazier side winds *at some points in the drive, I had to stear about 3* into the wind just to go strait. Its the high desert and its always like that*, and for a good 20 miles I was driving directly into that wind. All said and done, I clocked 23.2mpg, but I was driving around 55-62mph the whole time with very minimal traffic.

Again those are all highway miles, but with considerable elements that decreased the overall gas milage.

I'll keep you guys updated on progress of testing.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
No way. Your calculations are clearly suffering from rounding errors.
Yeah, with those numbers people will be lining up to purchase the Fitch... and I will be first! :D

Atila... please keep driving and posting updates. Keep records for a few months. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts