Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '10 rock warrior CM and I would like to know if anyone was able to install bigger size tires than the stock size that comes on the 17" TRD offroad wheels which I believe is (285/70/R17). I have a 1.5" Icon lift on front with Icon UCA and rear Icon piggy backs.

Or, maybe if anyone can advise me on how to select a bigger size tire based on the said information.

Note that, after I installed the front lift, I had to cut the sides of the front skid plate to avoid having the front tires rubbing against it while making sharp turns. Also, I think there isn't that much space until the tire starts rubbing against the front sway bar!! btw, is this much of space normal :confused:
Or, is it maybe due to adjusting the front tires forward too much while getting them aligned!?? I think this is related to my question coz it will affect the size of tire I select to install in the future.

Thx.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Cant remember who, but someone has installed 315/70/17 BFG TA KOs on the 17x8 RW wheels with a 2.5" or 3" front lift.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all....

05tacoma33: thanks, it does look really good and aggressive "thumbs up". If I may ask, by how much were the 315's more expensive than the 285's?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry Horseworks and clarks was in rocky point all weekend the lift is the bilsteins on the highest setting plus the 1/4" top out spacer from revtek and the rear is pure preformence shackles with bilsteins.
and khalid9666 the ride seemed to calm down and felt more solid then with the 18s not as much bed wiggle with more side wall on the tire

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bilstein 5100's and Nitto's 305 70 17. Little skid plate trimming is all.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Anyone think these size tires (305 70 17) will fit on a stock ride w/the 2 1/2 lift in the front? I'm running 33x12.50x18's w/the 2 1/2 front lift & have no rubbing at all. I'm looking at possibly switching my 18 XD's to these 17's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts