Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2007 Crewmax :) . It didn't come with running baords however, and I think they would be a nice addition. I know I can order them off the net. Is the installation just bolt on, or is there more to it such as drilling or welding. I was going to go with the Toyota ones as opposed to a 3rd party.

Anybody tackled this yet??

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I just got my 2007 Crewmax :) . It didn't come with running baords however, and I think they would be a nice addition. I know I can order them off the net. Is the installation just bolt on, or is there more to it such as drilling or welding. I was going to go with the Toyota ones as opposed to a 3rd party.

I have not installed them, but I removed mine last night. On the Double Cab it was 8 bolts each, did both sides by myself in under 10 minutes. The bolts are already on your Tundra. You may want a helper to hold them when you install.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Congrats on your CrewMax:tu: What Color and options did you get? Is it an SR5 or the Limited?

My CrewMax did not come with running boards as well. As part of the deal I got the dealer to include the Brushed Stainless Steel Running Boards. This model is a direct bolt on, with no drilling etc., I pick them up tomorrow from the dealer. I will probably install them later in the day.

Enjoy your CM:tu: Check out this picture of the BSSRB:)

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on your CrewMax:tu: What Color and options did you get? Is it an SR5 or the Limited?

My CrewMax did not come with running boards as well. As part of the deal I got the dealer to include the Brushed Stainless Steel Running Boards. This model is a direct bolt on, with no drilling etc., I pick them up tomorrow from the dealer. I will probably install them later in the day.

Enjoy your CM:tu: Check out this picture of the BSSRB:)
I got the salsa red limited. Got it with nav, 20" rims, sun roof,
XM radio, remote start, bed liner, and a port installed DVD system.

The Brushed Stainless ones are the ones that I want. I was going to get them to add on running boards at one point in my deal, but that just before I was ready to walk, and they came back with a better deal and I took that instead and figured I would do it myself.

Please post back with details on the install. Thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got the salsa red limited. Got it with nav, 20" rims, sun roof,
XM radio, remote start, bed liner, and a port installed DVD system.

The Brushed Stainless ones are the ones that I want. I was going to get them to add on running boards at one point in my deal, but that just before I was ready to walk, and they came back with a better deal and I took that instead and figured I would do it myself.

Please post back with details on the install. Thanks.
Can't go wrong with Salsa Red Pearl:tu: Awesome color. Your CM is loaded and probably great on the inside:D

The Brushed Stainless boards match the CM really well. I would not go with anything else. I'll take some pictures if I get to complete the install this weekend.

:ts:

·
Registered
79 Posts

Here's the factory installed ones that came with my DC

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got my brushed stainless steel running board yesterday after a long wait (back order)... I installed it last night in 25 minutes on my garage and it was an easy set-up I think everybody can do it...All you i s just 10 and 12 mm sockets:tu:

·
Registered
302 Posts
My deal included the brushed stainless on a DC. They were supposedly on back order and would take several weeks. Now the dealer says they are in but the painted ones - not the stainless? I'll look at what is in but may decline and wait for the stainless - any thoughts???

·
Registered
595 Posts
Here's the factory installed ones that came with my DC
I like those boards. I wish the extended all the way to the rear tire. Between the 4x4 and tall bed sides I can't reach down and get anything out of my bed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The install is very easy takes about 20 mins, I do them all the time takes no time at all. Really easy and not hard at all. No cutting or drilling and they look good on there as well.

Dealer Preps
Mat

·
Registered
848 Posts
i did my truck with the brushed stainless ... its really simple you just remove the bolts that are covering the holes and put the 4 brackets on (leave them loose) then put the running boatd on the brackets and bolt it in once all the bolts are on make sure it is centered and even then go back and tighten all the bolts ..

i did mine in 15 minutes but i cheated and used air tools the instrucktions are in the box and on a scale of 1-5 (5 being the hardest) i rate it at a 1 (very easy)

in my opinion the brushed look great with the 20 in wheels and the others look odd to me so if you got 20in wheels only go with the brushed i paid 435 for mine and they delivered it within 3 hours .. so i doubt it is backordered if your local i can get them for you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts