Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of towing the 18' travel trailer down to Bahia de Los Angeles next week, and wanted to get an update on road conditions, etc. It has been 10 years since I've been down there. (Wife finally feels the kids are old enough to venture south of the border!) :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
How about a trip report when you return? A friend and I accidentally ended up at the village about 12 years ago when on a Baja trip. Spent several nights sea-kayaking out and camping on the islands. We still have fond memories and stories from the road trip. It'd be interesting to hear what it looks like 10 years later. I've seen it metioned once or twice in a travel write-up since then.

Oh, and for general trip advice on Baja, check out advrider.com It's motorcycle specific, but should apply just as well to overland travel.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we ended up going to Yosemite instead. I decided it was probably foolish to head out on a 1400 mile Baja excursion with my family towing a borrowed 20-year old TT and Brand new 285's, wheel spacers, Deaver AALs, and Bilstein 5100's riding at 3.5" over stock. :D

I was impressed at how well the Tundra did pulling that 19' TT up some pretty steep grades heading into and around Yosemite. With the Prodigy brake controller the braking was very predictable and smooth. I was even quite proud of my "backing in" ability snugging the trailer into some spots right by the Merced river.

FWIW, the weather was great and the best part was NO MOSQUITOS! :tu: The Merced is definitely running LOW this year though, and I'll bet Ribbon Falls is dry within a month or two, Yosemite Falls not long after that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts