Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.... this should be a quick thread.

Long & short of it is this: I just got my Clazzio's in the mail, and before I install them, I'm ordering seat heaters off ebay. I found a supplier out of China, and he's set up an auction for me with 2 rectangular switches (for 2 seats), which he says should fit most Toyota applications.

Most of you have seen the standard round "rocker-style" aftermarket switches, but I wanted something that looked a little more stock, and that was also illuminated/back-lit when the rest of the dash lights were on. He says that these switches fit the bill...

So, I'm trying to confirm that they'll be a direct fit before I order them ... if they wont, then I'll just get the round ones:

So, does anyone know if the 400mm x 225mm will be a direct replacement for our switches? I'm hoping for a fast response on this one!

Thanks in advance !!!

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
You probably mean 40.0 mm by 22.5 mm. I've wondered the same thing myself... can't seem to find out what the actual switch size seems to be, but I have to say that if they don't fit, they're awfully close...

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
If they dont fit....use a DREMEL !!! Thats a nice looking switch!!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
If they dont fit....use a DREMEL !!! Thats a nice looking switch!!!
i agree. plastic always is forgiving. unless its too big already then the dremel wont do much hahah but i like those switches....let us know how well it all works out...

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't want to Dremel.... I want it to look stock, either way. So, if it won't fit directly, without cutting, then I'll just do the round ones, since you won't really "notice" they're cut into the blanks.... since you just drill a hole through for the wiring, it'll look okay that way.

They do look close (closest I've seen).... just wish someone knew for sure the dimensions. Of course, I could probably quit being lazy, and just go pop off my panel, take the blanks out, and measure them --- but it's way more work getting that off with the Bench seats than the buckets :(

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
-- but it's way more work getting that off with the Bench seats than the buckets :(
i would have thought that getting it off would be easier with the bench than with that pesky console in the way....:devil:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Why not try measuring without popping the blanks out? If you take some measurements of the blank and the hole its in before popping it out you'll get a better idea of whether or not it will really work. I would do it myself, but truck is getting some work done on it... it will be a couple of days before I can get it back...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i woudl measure mine but its in the driveway and im sitting on my butt.

·
Registered
889 Posts
What is the measurement in inches?

If the measurement is about 0.8" x 1.45"... it will fit with a little dremel to flush through. Because all the empty blank has a little gap inside.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What is the measurement in inches?

If the measurement is about 0.8" x 1.45"... it will fit with a little dremel to flush through. Because all the empty blank has a little gap inside.
40.0 millimeters = 1.57480315 inches

22.5 millimeters = 0.885826772 inches

1 - 10 of 10 Posts