Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I am riding along I-95 North toward Jacksonville this weekend.
I spot this trailer wiggling its way along the highway.

Not sure what it is all about, maybe it is a new advertising idea: Tow a trailer around with the new tundra so people see it. There's potential...

WAIT a minute...that is not even the 5.7 engine...what the....
No sense in that...

He was not going highway speed, I passed him at 75 (in a 70 zone) rather quickly, but that is a pretty big trailer, and the angles on both the truck and trailer imply a pretty good load inside (I hope).

That said...anyone know if this is just a local thing, or are there several of these trailers being towed around the country to be seen?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are taking those trailers to all the dealer ride & drives. They have a fleet of trucks and the trailers to haul all there gear. They had one at work ( Lowe's Motor Speedway) the week of the launch for the Charlotte N.C. area.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They do the test drives at selected sites around the country. I tried one in Minnesota this past weekend at Fleet Farm in Brooklyn Park. The trailer hauled a bare Tundra chassis and powertrain, along with selected parts displays (hitch, brakes, engine cutaway).

Demos included turning radius and neighborhood test drives.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You would think they would make sure the trailer was at the proper height. Give the guy the right drop hitch and an equalizer sytem please. If you are going to put yourself into the limelight make sure you do it right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts