Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing the bulbs in my dash with led bulbs and found this bulb that is not listed anywhere.
There are 2 of them in the center dash where the heat controls are.
1 is located behind the Cargo light button area and the other is behind the 4 wheel drive buttons.
I would like to replace these as well because with led bulbs behind the heat control they are not visible unless I turn the brightness all the way up.
The bulb is attached to the green part and are not removable.
2004 Tundra Access Cab.
Thank you for the help.
20200219_113315.jpg
20200219_113321.jpg
20200219_113340.jpg

·
Registered
302 Posts
Should be able to pull that bulb out and put a #74 LED in there.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I got it out. It was really snug! just ordered some!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Given the grey color of that bulb holder, if you compare that bulb size with the others in similar size, does it seem to be slightly larger. The reason I ask is because on my 2004, the fuel indicator has a grey color holder, is a A14V3 and the others in the Instrument Cluster are black. Also, if that is indeed the fuel indicator bulb, I was told it's better to leave that as an incandescent.

Another important note: You'll almost 100% surely wind up with one extra amber LED. Why? Because the low fuel indicator NEEDS a regular incandescent bulb. I put the LED in there and the light is ALWAYS ON! The sending unit from the fuel tank must supply a low voltage all the time... not enough to light up the old bulb, but you stick an LED in there and it sees that residual voltage and that's enough for a dim light to show up.
LowFuel.jpg

Instrument Cluster.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts